• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL classes yesterday

taxwhat

imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
Me and my wife just went to CPL class Saturday, she is getting much better, If I needed someone to cover me I would choose her (after a few more weeks of shooting) the cop that showed up said the same lines as the last ccw cop 10 years ago, illegal to carry open and will get arrested, cant carry in a car (even with a CCW)(which is now a CPL). All disinformation. Was law stated? if not you missed opportunity !

I Told him he was wrong and we can carry open anywhere Like any Federal Court or airport tarmac or USDA farm office ?but non CPL carry zones and he said I will go to jail, I replied that I will sue and finally be able to pay my mortgage in which everyone laughed.I am sill not laughing .

Did not say anything to make the retired officer/depute Who taught class and Who was Legal up date person ?look bad but it did, he was very uneducated as to the current laws. Many in the group thanked me for opening my big mouth on the issues. It is amazing that the people teaching class and educating people are soo wrong.How long and informative was class ? Please give short synopses of same . Thank You

Anyways we will go to the county tomorrow and pay to get a card stating that we have been approved to do as the 2nd amendment says. I think these fees are unconstitutional as well but cant afford an attorney to have them waived.
You have contacted Whom in State of Michigan ? AG ,Governor ,State Rep or Senator ?
Some lawsuit should happen in the future regarding these fees. Anyways sorry for the short blurb, just thinkin bout tomorrow.
The Blue is TAXWHAT

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
Me and my wife just went to CPL class Saturday, she is getting much better, If I needed someone to cover me I would choose her (after a few more weeks of shooting) the cop that showed up said the same lines as the last ccw cop 10 years ago, illegal to carry open and will get arrested, cant carry in a car (even with a CCW)(which is now a CPL). All disinformation.

I Told him he was wrong and we can carry open anywhere but non CPL carry zones and he said I will go to jail, I replied that I will sue and finally be able to pay my mortgage in which everyone laughed.

Did not say anything to make the retired officer/depute look bad but it did, he was very uneducated as to the current laws. Many in the group thanked me for opening my big mouth on the issues. It is amazing that the people teaching class and educating people are soo wrong.

Anyways we will go to the county tomorrow and pay to get a card stating that we have been approved to do as the 2nd amendment says. I think these fees are unconstitutional as well but cant afford an attorney to have them waived.

Some lawsuit should happen in the future regarding these fees. Anyways sorry for the short blurb, just thinkin bout tomorrow.
Looks like you would have had a much better CPL course in Pinckney with the OC andSAM crowd. We had a real lawyer go over the law, and one that was in the present and not stuck in 1989. He also talked for 3 hours and then answered questions.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
Venator wrote
Looks like you would have had a much better CPL course in Pinckney with the OC andSAM crowd. We had a real lawyer go over the law, and one that was in the present and not stuck in 1989. He also talked for 3 hours and then answered questions.
The instructor was good, I was just surprised at the 'legal' advice the retired cop was telling us. I'm sure I would have learned more at the Pinckney event and may even have written interesting facts down but I just went for the formality of reinstating my CPL. Pinckney is about 80 miles from here which also had a bit to do with my decision of going local. "Stuck in 1989" LMAO! :lol:
I understand the distance, but we did have people drive from Grand Rapids, Lansing, Jackson, and all over the Metro area. I think they thought it was worth it at least I hope they did.

taxwhat

imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
cebu_4_2 wrote:
Me and my wife just went to CPL class Saturday, she is getting much better, If I needed someone to cover me I would choose her (after a few more weeks of shooting) the cop that showed up said the same lines as the last ccw cop 10 years ago, illegal to carry open and will get arrested, cant carry in a car (even with a CCW)(which is now a CPL). All disinformation. Was law stated? Nope if not you missed opportunity ! I am not fully versed at law. Thatis my advice .

I Told him he was wrong and we can carry open anywhere-> Like any Federal Court or airport tarmac or USDA farm office ? Why does your sentence break apart my sentence completing your question? Your statement of carry anywhere !but non CPL carry zones and he said I will go to jail, I replied that I will sue and finally be able to pay my mortgage in which everyone laughed.I am sill not laughing . Thats great!

Did not say anything to make the retired officer/depute Who taught class and Who was Legal up date person ? The retired Depute/officer spent his hour telling us the same law story stuff I heard 10 years ago. look bad but it did, he was very uneducated as to the current laws. Many in the group thanked me for opening my big mouth on the issues. It is amazing that the people teaching class and educating people are soo wrong.How long and informative was class ? Class was a good 5 hours and a good refresher for me. Range time was about the same. Please give short synopses of same . Thank You

You have contacted Whom in State of Michigan ? AG ,Governor ,State Rep or Senator ? For what? Be my guest. I have and will continue as long as God allows me to be alive!
The Blue is TAXWHAT
You are the sheep that needed education and set of Rams horns before jumping of cliff.Pissing and moaning and withoutdoing anything but that will turn you in to lamb chop w/wo mint sauce !Get tough get educated do the same to all. Best of luck you will need it .