• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vets fair with Congressman Dave Reichert

DEROS72

imported post

I was invited again by congressmanDave Reichert to display my art at at his Veterans service fair in Puyallup. This is the third one I've done with him, so I usually get some time with himand maybe I could mention OC. He actually bought one of my prints last time for his office.Anyway for you vets here it would be a good chance to check out services and meet him.It will be held at

Ballou Junior High 9916 St. S. In Puyallup. Oct 10th from 8:00AM to !:00PM

It is at a school so I will leave my gun in the car.

DEROS72

imported post

He does this at least twice a year.He gets every possible service for veterans in one place so vets can come to a central location to find out whats available.I was even surprised how much actually is available to vets that they don't know about.

Squeak

imported post

What do they do? Do they talk to you about benefits and the like?OOPS! Sorry! You already said that.

DEROS72

imported post

Like I said he brings people from every concievable veteran service group. Placement for homeless vets finances the whole smash.It has been pretty big the last 2 times I was there and they alwys have news there as well.They do have folkds there to help with benifits.HE is a Vietrnam vet.The first time I met him he spent about 30 minute or so talking with me and Bookman and showed us pics from his recent trip to Iraq.The second one ,when he came in He spotted me and I was the first to get some time with him.Which I thought was cool since so many are there.He is actually a good guy.Good sense of humor. He was Air force and was a mechanic on the C141 starlifters.He told me " Yeah thats why they retired that airplane.They found out ole Dave was working on them"

Squeak

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
They found out ole Dave was working on them"
WOW! I got off that thing just in time! I just had some uneasy feelings about those big birds.

DEROS72

imported post

You should come. M1gunr said he'll go,Bookman(navy and airforce vet was in Somalia).get a few of us there would be cool.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
You should come. M1gunr said he'll go,Bookman(navy and airforce vet was in Somalia).get a few of us there would be cool.
Actually, it wasn't Somalia. That was after I got out. You're thinking of Desert Storm, but there are 750,000 other people who were on the ground for that just from the US.

glock23

imported post

I like Mr. Reichert I have seen some things in the paper if I remember right he does support the 2A....He alsowas the lead investigator in the Green River killings and later became Sheriff. I think its A&E that did a great special on the Green River killer Gary Ridgeway, the two meet after Gary is arrested and you can see right there good and evil. That monster really affected Mr. Reichert he was reallydedicated in finding the killer of these women.

DEROS72

imported post

I actually ta;ked with him a little about that last time I saw him.He was severly frustrated because for a long time he felt he knew who it was .But it wasn't untill DNA became more reliable that he was able to prove it.