• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Council

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

A few of us have gotten together and decided to address the city council as to the actions of the PD and their illegal ordinances. We have a script drafted but we still need a Warren resident to speak at the next meeting on October 13th (?).

If you are interested in speaking or would like to take part in the preparation, we will be meeting at the National Coney Island at 11 mile and Gratiot on September 30th at 7:30 pm. This coney is OC friendly to non-CPL holders.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
A few of us have gotten together and decided to address the city council as to the actions of the PD and their illegal ordinances. We have a script drafted but we still need a Warren resident to speak at the next meeting on October 13th (?).

If you are interested in speaking or would like to take part in the preparation, we will be meeting at the National Coney Island at 11 mile and Gratiot on September 30th at 7:30 pm. This coney is OC friendly to non-CPL holders.

If my schedule allows I would be willing to address the city and meet in person with the PD Commisioner. Keep me in the loop.

Thanks.

mikestilly

imported post

Where the heck is all the Warren people wtf?? Tuesdays I work and have class at night. It's very hard for me to make weekday business hour meetings. Otherwise I'd really like to be there. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Where the heck is all the Warren people wtf?? Tuesdays I work and have class at night. It's very hard for me to make weekday business hour meetings. Otherwise I'd really like to be there. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

daewoomofo

FatboyCykes

Glock27

hamaneggs

jfj1of1

keith juszkowski

malignity

mark 5 enterprises

mikestilly

normmechanic

p228

pamopar

papa

smitty

steinm10
http://www.apps.schematixdesign.com/
Warren, Michigan USA

FatboyCykes

imported post

I'm pretty sure I can make the 13th, might be one of my late night sanitizations though, I'll have to wait until the first week of Oct. to see when they want it.

Also I don't have a problem reading the prepared remarks I don't think.

cobra

imported post

"Regular meetings of the Council are held at the Warren Community Center auditorium, located at 5460 Arden (which is south of 14 Mile Road and west off of Mound), on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m.. The meetings are open to the public. The City Council office phone number is (586) 258-2060"

Haman J.T.

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can make the 13th, might be one of my late night sanitizations though, I'll have to wait until the first week of Oct. to see when they want it.

Also I don't have a problem reading the prepared remarks I don't think.
I too will be available. All I need is a ride. I do not think it would interfere with my case,but just in case, I will run it by Dean when I speak with him this week!

malignity

imported post

I don't know if I can make it to the meeting, but I'll (try) to make it out to the National Coney Island, at least to give some ideas.

johnnyd74

imported post

ham, i can give you a ride! i live at 11/hoover!

let me know?

also, i will video tape if needed, also all the meetings are on the warren cable channel.

we need more people, all of them don't have to be from warren!!

mikestilly

imported post

OK checked the schedule and I wont be able to make the meeting but I'm able to make Sept 30th meet. I made a list see below please let me know if someone needs to be removed.
I can bring a laptop if it is needed. Let me know.

PS: johnnyd74 awesome about the video. Definitely bring it and I'll do the editing and post it.

JeffSayers
Venator
johnnyd74
FatboyCykes
malignity
hamaneggs
mikestilly

Veritas

imported post

Just remember one thing: Be good ambassadors to the cause. Many of the folks in the audience may not understand... many of them attend these meetings because they care about certain community issues. Some may not be happy about people making political statements. I ask that folks in attendance be courteous, agreeable, and friendly. Avoid making accusations and being overly zealous. Stick to the facts... clearly, concisely, and objectively. I'd also recommend not rolling into council chambers with a deep mob... a handful of people should suffice. I think the point is to deliver a message to the city that their officers are breaking the law... not to demonstrate or rally within the chambers. Most folks who have grievances with the city go in small groups... they don't mob deep.

You'll catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Veritas

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Veritas: I definitely agree. I also suggest that if you want to be taken seriously that you dress up. Professional. Especially the person speaking.
Good point. While I believe that people should be accepted for WHO they are rather than how they appear, the world we live in tends to pay more attention to those who dress professionally.

eastmeyers

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I too will be available. All I need is a ride. I do not think it would interfere with my case,but just in case, I will run it by Dean when I speak with him this week!
More than willing to help out, PM me for contact info.

ghostrider

imported post

Don't know about the Council meeting, but I might be able to make the Sept 30 meet.

I've made arrangements, but my schedule is always open to change.

A map, and cell phone contact would be appreciated in a PM if possible, just in case I have trouble finding the place, or work has other last minute priorities for me.

mikestilly

imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong:

JeffSayers (national & council meeting)
Venator (national & council meeting)
johnnyd74 (national & council meeting)
FatboyCykes (national & council meeting)
malignity (national)
hamaneggs (national & council meeting)
eastmeyers (national)
ghostrider (national)
mikestilly (national)