Thread: Might try open carry today

Post imported post

I am a little tight on $$ right now but I would like to try to open carry. Is it legal to tuck your shirt in behind an IWB so the gun is totally visible? Then I could give open carry a try without dropping a bunch of cash on a new holster. Its a XD40 subcompact, 12 round mag and a very high-riding blackhawk holster.

It would also be great if someone could give me a link to (if there is one) the OC training pages you guys give out.

I am mostly going to OC in the car (yes i do have my CCW) and around the house today. I may try a gas station or something too.... kinda scary for me to be honest.

Post imported post

Yes that's legal, you can pretty much carry any way you want if you have your CPL.

Post imported post

www.nwcdl.org for the training bulletins and other documents.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Just keep in mind some LEO consider IWB as concealed carry because part of gun is concealed, If I am not wrong one of forum member was stopped n checked for that

Post imported post

Before I put the Hogue grip on my XD45 I had the skateboard tape on it. Needless to say that stuff tore up my love handles so I always kept the grip on the outside of my shirt. Never got a second look. However, you'd be surprised how many people don't even notice when you're wearing a gun holstered OC.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

I was trying to give him heads up so that he would not be doing "Spydertattoo trick".... "Leave your CPL in truck/car/home" and later get caught in surprise thatLEO thinks heis concealing his weapon insteadwhat he thinks is OC. I think now at least he will be prepared for both OC/CC stop.

Post imported post

Manu, stop giving away all my "tactical secrets" .

Yes, I do like to leave my driver's license and my CPL in my vehicle while I'm shopping and running errands.

...What... We're not behind the iron curtain... "Your Papers Please!"
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

I use my Kydex IWB when I open carry. I just tuck my shirt in. Also saved me, what, up to $100?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    I use my Kydex IWB when I open carry. I just tuck my shirt in. Also saved me, what, up to $100?
    $100 !?!?!?! What kind of holsters are you buying, super synthetic astronaut grade stuff?

I picked up a Serpa for 25 or 30 bucks, don't remember exactly. Also found a kramer leather OWB holster for about $45.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

kenshin wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    $100 !?!?!?! What kind of holsters are you buying, super synthetic astronaut grade stuff?

I picked up a Serpa for 25 or 30 bucks, don't remember exactly. Also found a kramer leather OWB holster for about $45.
    I was just joshing about how some holsters can be pretty spendy.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Tried an IWB for a little while once.Could never get used to it.Just put the thing on a belt holster and carry it.Bet dinner at Dinos no one bothers you.Yesterday I called the cops on a drunk teen outside threatening people.Even me.I can blow it off but then he started picking on some little kids skate boarding. When the cop came I walked up to him to talk to him about the kid.HE looked at my weapon for a sec and simply asked are you security or just open carry.I said OC and that was the end of that.HE was Seatac/Kc. He then got the kid squared away.

When you do go like most here do take pamphlets with you.I get asked everyonce in while about Wa.State gun laws.

Post imported post

Tried an IWB for a little while once.Could never get used to it.Just put the thing on a belt holster and carry it.Bet dinner at Dinos no one bothers you.Yesterday I called the cops on a drunk teen outside threatening people.Even me.I can blow it off but then he started picking on some little kids skate boarding. When the cop came I walked up to him to talk to him about the kid.HE looked at my weapon for a sec and simply asked are you security or just open carry.I said OC and that was the end of that.HE was Seatac/Kc. He then got the kid squared away.

When you do go like most here do take pamphlets with you.I get asked everyonce in while about Wa.State gun laws.