• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might try open carry today

Quilbilly

imported post

I am a little tight on $$ right now but I would like to try to open carry. Is it legal to tuck your shirt in behind an IWB so the gun is totally visible? Then I could give open carry a try without dropping a bunch of cash on a new holster. Its a XD40 subcompact, 12 round mag and a very high-riding blackhawk holster.

It would also be great if someone could give me a link to (if there is one) the OC training pages you guys give out.

I am mostly going to OC in the car (yes i do have my CCW) and around the house today. I may try a gas station or something too.... kinda scary for me to be honest.

gsx1138

imported post

Before I put the Hogue grip on my XD45 I had the skateboard tape on it. Needless to say that stuff tore up my love handles so I always kept the grip on the outside of my shirt. Never got a second look. However, you'd be surprised how many people don't even notice when you're wearing a gun holstered OC.

Manu

imported post

I was trying to give him heads up so that he would not be doing "Spydertattoo trick".... "Leave your CPL in truck/car/home" and later get caught in surprise thatLEO thinks heis concealing his weapon insteadwhat he thinks is OC. I think now at least he will be prepared for both OC/CC stop.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Manu, stop giving away all my "tactical secrets" ;).

Yes, I do like to leave my driver's license and my CPL in my vehicle while I'm shopping and running errands.

...What... We're not behind the iron curtain... "Your Papers Please!"

kenshin

imported post

killchain wrote:
I use my Kydex IWB when I open carry. I just tuck my shirt in. Also saved me, what, up to $100? :)
$100 !?!?!?! What kind of holsters are you buying, super synthetic astronaut grade stuff?

I picked up a Serpa for 25 or 30 bucks, don't remember exactly. Also found a kramer leather OWB holster for about $45.

killchain

imported post

kenshin wrote:
killchain wrote:
I use my Kydex IWB when I open carry. I just tuck my shirt in. Also saved me, what, up to $100? :)
$100 !?!?!?! What kind of holsters are you buying, super synthetic astronaut grade stuff?

I picked up a Serpa for 25 or 30 bucks, don't remember exactly. Also found a kramer leather OWB holster for about $45.
I was just joshing about how some holsters can be pretty spendy. :)

DEROS72

imported post

Tried an IWB for a little while once.Could never get used to it.Just put the thing on a belt holster and carry it.Bet dinner at Dinos no one bothers you.Yesterday I called the cops on a drunk teen outside threatening people.Even me.I can blow it off but then he started picking on some little kids skate boarding. When the cop came I walked up to him to talk to him about the kid.HE looked at my weapon for a sec and simply asked are you security or just open carry.I said OC and that was the end of that.HE was Seatac/Kc. He then got the kid squared away.

When you do go like most here do take pamphlets with you.I get asked everyonce in while about Wa.State gun laws.

DEROS72

imported post

Tried an IWB for a little while once.Could never get used to it.Just put the thing on a belt holster and carry it.Bet dinner at Dinos no one bothers you.Yesterday I called the cops on a drunk teen outside threatening people.Even me.I can blow it off but then he started picking on some little kids skate boarding. When the cop came I walked up to him to talk to him about the kid.HE looked at my weapon for a sec and simply asked are you security or just open carry.I said OC and that was the end of that.HE was Seatac/Kc. He then got the kid squared away.

When you do go like most here do take pamphlets with you.I get asked everyonce in while about Wa.State gun laws.