• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HR 45-- its real.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes, it is real, as in it exists.

Have you looked at the number of sponsors? The movement it has had through committee?

It exists, but it is going nowhere.

Sit down. Take a few deep breaths. Maybe breathe into a paper bag for a while. Then have a sip of water.

Everything is going to be OK.

Tomorrow we'll check out those monster dust bunnies under the bed.;)

stay safe.

skidmark

bigdaddy1

imported post

Have to agree with Skid,

This bill has been around for a few years now. No one is willing to co-sponser the ticket, and none of the lobbiest parites are willing to stand behind it.

There are others floating around that have a better chance of sneaking through tied to other bills. Those are the ones you have to watch out fore.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Not a thing wrongwith you posting it we need to be ever alert!

Never give up alertness because of a pause on weather a post is right or wrong.

Thank you for the post.:dude:

wrightme

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
We also need to stay after Congress NOT to ratify the Treaty Obama signed recently that would allow International law to userp our Constititional RTKBA.
Sounds like more FUD.
Clinton signed CIFTA. Congress has not ratified it. Where is it legitimately reported that Obama signed any such treaty? He did mention it during the visit with the Mexican pres, but he hasn't signed it.. AFAIK.

http://www.brutallyhonest.org/brutally_honest/2009/04/obama-tells-a-lie-and-slips-in-the-cifta-treaty-.html
In recent meetings with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, Obama promised to urge the U.S. Senate to pass an international arms control treaty. The treaty, "Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials" or CIFTA, was signed by President Bill Clinton ten years ago but it was never ratified by the Senate. The resurrection of this bill brings into question if this is another back door move to restrict second amendment rights by force in a treaty.

marine77

imported post

dmworken wrote:
Here is a bill that was introduced around the same time as HR45, but this has 21 sponsors and it is in our best interest.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-17

Bullshit! How can you say it's to our best interests? It declares that a person is not

prohibited under THE BRADY HANDGUN VIOLENCE PROTECTION ACT......

And that's in our best interest? We need to be interested in something else other

than this. :cuss:

wrightme

imported post

marine77 wrote:
dmworken wrote:
Here is a bill that was introduced around the same time as HR45, but this has 21 sponsors and it is in our best interest.

Bull@#$%! How can you say it's to our best interests? It declares that a person is not

And that's in our best interest? We need to be interested in something else other

I don't get why you do not desire this bill.

HR17 ensures that those persons not prohibited cannot be prevented from purchasing a firearm for self-defense. What is wrong about that? It IS in our best interests. It disallows "gun-free cities" where handguns are prohibited for self-defense; such as DC. Don't you want to allow ALL Americans to exercise their 2nd Amendment Right for self-defense? :?

marine77

imported post

wrightme wrote:
marine77 wrote:
dmworken wrote:

Bull@#$%! How can you say it's to our best interests? It declares that a person is not

HR17 ensures that those persons not prohibited cannot be prevented from purchasing a firearm for self-defense. What is wrong about that? It IS in our best interests. It disallows "gun-free cities" where handguns are prohibited for self-defense; such as DC. Don't you want to allow ALL Americans to exercise their 2nd Amendment Right for self-defense? :?

Since when did the brady bunch in their infinite wisdom give gun owners anything?

Even if convicted of misdemeanors, according to them your not allowed to own fire-

ams. Also look at the Hot Topics forum under Incorporation 101, i didn't know that

until i looked at it, apparently the 2nd amendment means nothing to the states the

way i read it. And i thank jpierce for bringing that to our attention.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Good grief. Notices about this dead letter are as common as Nigerian Scam spam mail. All knds of nutty stuff gets one or two sponsors and floats around Congress.

Now, we should not be surprised that firearms owners scare the hell out of the bad guys. That is in the end why we keep and bear arms in the first place and furthermore is how it should be. Outside of course of the strict Fudders, who are IMO just wabbit-killing Vegans and just as much a contradiction in terms. (oh, wait. Didn't PETA mercy-kill a whole group of former pet bunnykins to put them out of the misery of being possible beloved well fed pets?), we keep weapons to defend ourselves and our rights from deadly threats coming from wherever.

I will agree we need to keep an eye on these grifters. They are like weasels looking for a chink in the chicken wire. But the DemonRat leadership is not likely to allow this kind of garbage to advance while they are laying siege tunnels as fast as they can dig. They are currently looking to pass some kind of health care legislation that they envision will ultimately allow them to dictate the most intimate parts of everyone's life. As I have repeatedly warned, a very likely scenario would be , once they had at last taken over the health insurance industry or replaced it with total government control; to place an exorbitant tax (they will say "premium" in public but will argue "tax" to SCOTUS) on gun owners for reason of supposed increased risk of expensive injury by gunshot.

Heck, for that matter how about rationing red meat, etc; as part of the same plan? And with "cap and tax", that hunting trip all the Fudds look forward to may have to be cancelled because they can't hire anyone to plant enough trees to justify emitting all the carbon burned to get out to where the game is.

I am not saying this bill is no threat. The Ratz won't try and pass it (unless they think we are not watching) but they are not going to table (kill) it either. They hope we will watch this like hawks and thus they will be able to slip their further reaching and vile back-door stuff past right under our noses. Running around like Chicken Little squawking about a diversionary assault like this IMO leaves us vulnerable to a surprise attack on our flank. We have skirmishers watching this. We also have a superior force. We can only be defeaated through subterfuge on their part and spinelessness on our part.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

wrightme

imported post

marine77 wrote:
wrightme wrote:
marine77 wrote:
dmworken wrote:

Since when did the brady bunch in their infinite wisdom give gun owners anything?

Even if convicted of misdemeanors, according to them your not allowed to own fire-

ams. Also look at the Hot Topics forum under Incorporation 101, i didn't know that

until i looked at it, apparently the 2nd amendment means nothing to the states the

WHERE, are the brady bunch "giving gun owners anything?"

It isn't Brady. It is about PREVENTING bans beyond Brady, or don't you get it?

Alexcabbie

imported post

It is quite disturbing that if you and your wife/husband/boyfreind/girlfriend get into an arguement and it gets loud, in many cases the police can chaarge one or both with domestic violence and, though it be a misdemeanor, prohibit one or both parties from ever again possessing firearms ON A MISDEMEANOR CHARGE. This is one of the reasons that since that law passed, I have avoided getting myself into any "signifigant other" relationships. The other reason is I am ugly. :banghead:

marine77

imported post

wrightme wrote:
marine77 wrote:
wrightme wrote:
marine77 wrote:
dmworken wrote:

But it already starts with a brady ban and that's enough of an exception. It's just my

$.02 worth, and just my opinion. You may like this bill, more power to you. Just in my

opinion, not worth the paper it's printed on.

wrightme

imported post

marine77 wrote:
wrightme wrote:

But it already starts with a brady ban and that's enough of an exception. It's just my

$.02 worth, and just my opinion. You may like this bill, more power to you. Just in my

opinion, not worth the paper it's printed on.
How so? It aims to prevent further infringements, thus is worthy of support. Do you prefer that infringements are allowed, preventing purchase for self-defense?

crazydude6030

imported post

It isn't hard to figure out why this stuff keeps coming up. I get a e-mail about twice a day with something along the lines of how my freedom is being attacked.:?

The latest one is this little print. Check the date on the article Sept 30 2009.

http://www.personalliberty.com/free...dar-would-devastate-u-s-gun-ownership-rights/

It doesn't mean we don't need to watch this stuff but seeing it as often as I do just seems more like fear mongering more then anything.