• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Privacy Re: Concealed Carry ???

northstar65

imported post

What the heck is it with these states that allow ccw permit holders to be listed publicly ?Delaware requires new applicants to publish their names in a newspaper prior to obtaining a ccw ? What the heck is that? Sort of self defeats the reason to cc in the first place. Agree ???

r6-rider

imported post

they are probly hoping someone will recognize the name and call them in as a "bad person" so they can deny their permit before they even apply for it

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCDO and the otherworld that's full of folks who want to control your every move.

r6-rider has it nailed - it's a chance for folks to object. Deleware has a lot of law that hews very close to the English laws of the 18th century. Took me a while to undertstand the reason for a Prothnotary, and I'm still not sure I've got it right.

If you are from Deleware you can go to the state forum and get some guidance from those folks.

stay safe.

skidmark