• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glen Allen Day OC

kennys

imported post

Unfortunately I have missed the boat in regards to getting a booth at the Glen Allen Day event.

I have started this thread for those including my self that may want to meet up and walk around the event. Good in planning for next year, and to have the opportunity to introduce ourselves and hand out some cards.

It starts at 9:30am and lasts until 4:00pm. For those interested we could start off with coffee at River City Diner before hand. Nothing better than a little OC breakfast to wake a person up.

Here is a link with the details of Glen Allen Day as well as the directions http://www.glenallenruritan.org/GAD.htm

I will try to remember to print the code of ordnance for Henrico County in case there should be any issue.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another OCDO meet-up in my neighborhood and I have to work again. Have fun, my wife and child will be there. I'm sure she will tell me all about it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I was going to make the trip to Stafford for breakfast, but I think duty calls locally.

What time do you want to eat and where?

This is where we had a recent picnic, is it not?
Meadow Farm Museum & Crump Park are owned by Henrico County - that is important as it relates to visitors and the 2A - preemption applies.

Insofar as the rules published by the Ruritans, those apply to the vendors by virtue of their agreement. Our 1A rights to distribute information in a public setting still are valid. I do not wish to be disruptive, but I do wish to exercise my legal rights.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I was going to make the trip to Stafford for breakfast, but I think duty calls locally.

What time do you want to eat and where?

This is where we had a recent picnic, is it not?
Meadow Farm Museum & Crump Park are owned by Henrico County - that is important as it relates to visitors and the 2A - preemption applies.

Insofar as the rules published by the Ruritans, those apply to the vendors by virtue of their agreement. Our 1A rights to distribute information in a public setting still are valid. I do not wish to be disruptive, but I do wish to exercise my legal rights.

Yata hey

Since I am about 16 miles north and I have to go that direction for the park any way so I figured River City Diner. I am not to familiar with what is available, but know it's not far from the park. I know this Starts at 9:30 for their parade. I am not much on parades so lateness does not bother me.Hows 8:00 or later for Breakfast? Yes it is the park where we had the picnic.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Since I am about 16 miles north and I have to go that direction for the park any way so I figured River City Diner. I am not to familiar with what is available, but know it's not far from the park. I know this Starts at 9:30 for their parade. I am not much on parades so lateness does not bother me.Hows 8:00 or later for Breakfast? Yes it is the park where we had the picni
River City Diner is good. 8:30 will be better for me - I'm not a morning person.
Will post a breakfast thread and add Crump park reference to it.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Sounds good. Bring extra buttons and cards. I really need to replace my printer soon.

You have any literature with local crime stats? I like the way peter nap did the pinned map on the cinema post.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Sounds good. Bring extra buttons and cards. I really need to replace my printer soon.

You have any literature with local crime stats? I like the way peter nap did the pinned map on the cinema post.
Breakfast posted. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/32101.html

I will see what I might find on crime stats.
I have pretty good supply of printed material.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
kennys wrote:

Breakfast posted. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/32101.html

I will see what I might find on crime stats.
I have pretty good supply of printed material.

Yata hey
Sorry I can't make it guys!

Saturday is the opening day of bow season which means the start of MY part of the year. Plus it's Victoria's Centennial Celebration and Autumn Festival. I'll hunt till noon and then photograph the Festival then back to the tree stand for the afternoon..

So much to do and o little time:lol:

Come Monday, I'm turning off the cell phones and hunting....period

kennys

imported post

peter nap wrote:

Sorry I can't make it guys!

Saturday is the opening day of bow season which means the start of MY part of the year. Plus it's Victoria's Centennial Celebration and Autumn Festival. I'll hunt till noon and then photograph the Festival then back to the tree stand for the afternoon..

So much to do and o little time:lol:

Come Monday, I'm turning off the cell phones and hunting....period
Understandable, Good Luck.

kennys

imported post

Cracker wrote:
Are we going to OC at the park or is there an ordinance that does not allow us to do so? I'm not clear on this...

Cracker
This is a public park. So yes OC is allowed and I will. Here is a link to the web site so you can verify. Look under Parkand Recreationon the left, than select Dangerous devices on the right. http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10909&sid=46I will be wearing the white and orange guns save lives shirt. I will be looking forward to meeting you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Are we going to OC at the park or is there an ordinance that does not allow us to do so? I'm not clear on this...

Cracker
This is a public park. So yes OC is allowed and I will. Here is a link to the web site so you can verify. Look under Parkand Recreationon the left, than select Dangerous devices on the right. http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10909&sid=46I will be wearing the white and orange guns save lives shirt. I will be looking forward to meeting you.
State preemption prevails - will be OCing as usual.

BTW - we had an OC picnic at this very park several months ago - no problems.
We were "observed" by HPD but just routine drive by.

Sorry you'll miss the breakfast Cracker - will look for you at Crump Park.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
kennys wrote:
Cracker wrote:

Cracker
State preemption prevails - will be OCing as usual.

BTW - we had an OC picnic at this very park several months ago - no problems.
We were "observed" by HPD but just routine drive by.

Sorry you'll miss the breakfast Cracker - will look for you at Crump Park.

Yata hey
Thank you, in a rush as usual, but I also like to have the documentation as you know how some places don't like toplay by the rules.

kennys

imported post

They are nothing fancy, but I do have about 40 copies of the VCDLalert to the Freedom Rally to hand out as well. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Cracker wrote:
Sounds like fun, we should arrive about 9:30 or so... We are playing at Striker Park about 5 mins away. Do we have a meeting area designated?
We'll probably be walking around - don't know the layout yet.

PM sent.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Very nice time, plenty of guns save lives stickers handed out, as well plenty of conversation. Not one issue and many in support. We will have a booth their next year, walking is for the young, but it was well worth our time today.

Dale should be posting more info as well as pic's. Hint Hint :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

:celebrate
Had a great time and passed out between 150 and 200 GSL stickers, sometimes to unlikely recipients: county employee, Suntrust bank people and the kids balloon clown - they all asked for them! :)

A participant had a couple of WWII jeeps there - one with a mounted M30, He stuck GSL orange stickers on both sides of the receiver.

All interaction with HPD was very positive. Stood laughing and talking with one supervisor for a number of minutes - great visual for the fence sitters.

An officer of the Ruritan (event sponsor) politely suggested that they didn't allow passing out literature and such there. I equally politely and respectfully stated that I was a private citizen in a public park offering educational material to anyone that requested it........and (politely) that I would continue to do so. In fact several people took them from me while we were talking.
Now honestly, I might have missed some of the more subtle nuances of what he said. He actually sounded fairly pro with most other comments he made.

Kenny, his wife and girls were there = 4; Bankcrzy and his troop = 5; myself; and Clumsycandy & TC = 2, arrived as the rest of us were leaving.
Missed seeing/meeting Cracker (newbie).

Beautiful weather - recommend a booth/table next year - only $20.00 - note it should be up front near the entrance, not way in the back.

Pictures - gosh, shucks - gonna have to wait until Mon. as I left my download cable Southside. :? Bankcrzy took pix too - HINT.

Yata hey

Cracker

imported post

I'm pretty disappointed that the Cracker crew missed the event but our soccer schedules and my wifes, cousins dress fitting for her wedding got in the way. We made a pass and it looked to be a good turn out of people, unfortunatly the kids were tired, hungry, and not up for the walking.

We did head out to RCD last night for dinner and I OC'd there with a little bit of attention but nothing negative, just some people looking at my sidearm and that's about it. I carry a Glock soooo I guess they were just looking because the want one really bad!:p