• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glen Allen Day OC

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Had a great time, and ran into Grapeshot and Kennys several times throughout the day.

Kids had a blast, and many people asked us where we got our stickers, and usually Grape and Kennys wasn't too far away, so we'd send them over.

Here are a few pics from the day.

The dedicated duo spreading the good word.
669076642_Fnxh9-XL.jpg

Deciding which direction to head next.
669080285_FYSRS-M-1.jpg

The happy clown.
669110549_PvfLV-XL.jpg

Oldest wearing her sticker proudly.
669080765_4PBmv-XL.jpg

Wife getting some Shoney's bear love wearing her sticker.
669067844_wzy6G-XL.jpg

Del Gage - running against Morrisey, and is on our side on many issues including the restaurant ban. He thanked me for carrying and said he wished more people would do it.
669069014_xyxzw-XL.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Good pictures bnkrazy - think everybody enjoyed the day.

Sorry 'bout messing up your screen name earlier.

BTW - re the clown picture, you didn't say who was which. :D

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

Sounds like it was a good day. I look forward to the pictures.

Sorry I missed it.:cry: I figured it was for the best though if I have anything potentially contagious. Some of you old timers might be fragile. :D :D

Edit: Nice pictures bnkrazy; thanks for posting them!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
:celebrate
Had a great time and passed out between 150 and 200 GSL stickers, sometimes to unlikely recipients: county employee, Suntrust bank people and the kids balloon clown - they all asked for them! :)

A participant had a couple of WWII jeeps there - one with a mounted M30, He stuck GSL orange stickers on both sides of the receiver.

All interaction with HPD was very positive. Stood laughing and talking with one supervisor for a number of minutes - great visual for the fence sitters.

An officer of the Ruritan (event sponsor) politely suggested that they didn't allow passing out literature and such there. I equally politely and respectfully stated that I was a private citizen in a public park offering educational material to anyone that requested it........and (politely) that I would continue to do so. In fact several people took them from me while we were talking.
Now honestly, I might have missed some of the more subtle nuances of what he said. He actually sounded fairly pro with most other comments he made.

Kenny, his wife and girls were there = 4; Bankcrzy and his troop = 5; myself; and Clumsycandy & TC = 2, arrived as the rest of us were leaving.
Missed seeing/meeting Cracker (newbie).

Beautiful weather - recommend a booth/table next year - only $20.00 - note it should be up front near the entrance, not way in the back.

Pictures - gosh, shucks - gonna have to wait until Mon. as I left my download cable Southside. :? Bankcrzy took pix too - HINT.

Yata hey
Actually had the littlest one with us too, so I was actually +3. Having the kid definitely helps with the positive image think, IMO. We got a lot of looks, got some smiles even from HPD. Had a short positive interaction with a getleman who was working a booth handing out coupons, asked if my TC was a LEO, he said no and I said no, then he realized I was carrying as well. TC went to give him one of Ed's OC cards and the gentleman said he was a former LEO himself so was quite aware of OC and had actually informed citizens about it when he was a LEO. I was very pleased to find a LEO, even a former one who was positive about OC.

Infidel

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Infidel wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Sorry I missed you folks at Glen Allen Day.

I was representin' VCDL at Ladies Day at Black Creek Range. It was a dirty job, but someone had to do it! http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/Ladies%20Day%20at%20Black%20Creek%2010%203%2009/

Look for several of the ladies to join us at the VCDL Freedom Rally.

stay safe.

skidmark
Alot of great photo's Skid, nice to see you had Greentop's table with a roll of GSL stickers.

It was not just Greentops that had a roll of VCDL stickers. 2 vendors, two grassroots groups (besides VCDL) and a group of very nice youg ladies who did not seem to be vendors or grassrootsall had their own rolls of VCDL stickers.

Seems the things have gone viral over the past few months.:celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Brother Skid: You wereBlessed with the most BEAUTIFUL VISION in the world:

Good Lookin' womenshootin' firearms at the range!

Nuthin' in the world more sexy than a woman with a firearm... Am I weird?

It was a wonderful thing when I went to a gunshow and my spousal unit found something she felt "fit well in her hand" and that she liked the "weight and feel of". She suspected something was a little "off" when I told her we'd have to save up for that particular pistol and we'd also have to find things for her to shoot other than just targets...

She was lovingly fondling the Desert Eagle .44 Magnum back when they were new. Long before they came out with the .50 AE.

Dayum she looked good in them jeans! Still does, but she doesn't like guns as much as she used to :X.
I guess four kids,22 years of marriage and putting up withthis seriously disabled (and somewhat deranged) azzhole has taken it's toll on her...:idea: