• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

J-ville and active duty Marines

Tired_Marine

imported post

Well I was wondering, here is a concern. As always as my CO stated "if you don't know about it don't do it" With that, can active duty Marines who do not live in the barracks OC without trouble inactionville and without permits?

Lawmaker

imported post

Yes you can. I would suggest however to stay away from banks, schools, gov property anything touchy. The sheriff is kinda sorta rough around the edges when it comes to handling issues involving Marines. I have OC'd as a Marine in town though. Try it with us in a group and see how you feel.

DocWest8404

imported post

So here is a question, what about a service member that lives off base, and wants to use the public range during lunch, ON BASE. Where would be a good place to find the Base regulations covering the transport of firearms on base.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

DocWest8404 wrote:
So here is a question, what about a service member that lives off base, and wants to use the public range during lunch, ON BASE. Where would be a good place to find the Base regulations covering the transport of firearms on base.

Go to Pass & ID or PMO and ask your questions. Of course, prepare to get asked a lot of questions like "Why do you think you need to?". You WILL NOT be allowed to carrying anything loaded, or on your person.

There's a public range on lejeune? :shock: Where and how much?

DocWest8404

imported post

I am planning on talking to PMO as soon as I get there. I know there is a shotgun range for DOD personnel, and I think I heard something about a pistol range, but I don't know. As soon as I find out, I will let you guys know.

USMC91E6

imported post

DocWest8404 wrote:
Camp Lejeune only have a skeet range and an archery range. BO 5500.1G has the details that states how to transport your firearm on base.

DocWest8404

imported post

Hey Everyone, Well, after a few days, 2800 miles, and very little sleep. I finally made it to Jacksonville. So lets see about getting a OC dinner put together. Let me know what you think would be a good time and location. I will be out of town next weekend, but after that , I should be pretty wide open. OC'd a bit on Black friday, just testing the waters, but mostly walked around with my holster on, and left the gun in the truck. Looking forward to hearing from ya'll..

Doc West