• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hwy 67 Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway Litter Cleanup Saturday, Oct. 10th - Round 3

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

New cleanup. New thread.

OpenCarry.org Adopt-A-Highway Clean Up

Saturday, October 10th. Cleanup starts at 10 a.m. sharp!
Our stretch of highway is located on Highway 67, north of Eagle, south of Dousman between highways C and D

2ufvlmw.jpg

Who's in?

AaronS

imported post

Hey Johnny, you know you can count me in. I will bring some extra bags this time. Also, I still have my vest from last time.

I don't think we have been on CH.12 news yet. So I will try calling them to see if we can get one more spot on TV. I'll let ya know if I get them to come out.

So are we going to have a "last cleanup" cook out? Might be a bit cold, but who knows...

Passive101

imported post

I have to work at 1pm that day. My work schedule is not very cooperative with the OC outings :banghead:

When it is warm again I will have a bit more money and I'll take off to join you guys/gals and bring some brats for everyone :)

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be home that weekend (only one this fall's busy hunting season) so I should be able to attend. Mark me as a probable for the time being.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

AaronS wrote:
So are we going to have a "last cleanup" cook out? Might be a bit cold, but who knows...
I would definitely be down for another cook out. We could probably even use thatbig park close by that we were going to originally meet at the first time around.

I'll be sure to check inwith the DOT office and see if we can get more of those good trash bags againfor this time around.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

I would very much like to participate in this and meet a few people on the site. Put me down as a for sure :celebrate

I will have to wear the .357 until I get my Kimber back.

nevinsb

imported post

I am available, and I would love to go, but I no longer own a handgun. I'm not quite sure the world is ready for me to start carrying rifles at open carry events either.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nevinsb wrote:
I am available, and I would love to go, but I no longer own a handgun. I'm not quite sure the world is ready for me to start carrying rifles at open carry events either.
It might be tough picking up garbage with a rifle, but with a good sling all things are possible. :dude:

AaronS

imported post

nevinsb wrote:
If you are going to bring a long gun please let me know, I will stay home. Sorry, just how I feel about it.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
nevinsb wrote:
I might be tough picking up garbage with a rifle, but with a good sling all things are possible. :dude:
Could just get a bayonet and use that to poke trash,lol

AaronS

imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
pvtschultz wrote:
nevinsb wrote:
I might be tough picking up garbage with a rifle, but with a good sling all things are possible. :dude:
Could just get a bayonet and use that to poke trash,lol
When you put it like that, I guess I could deal with it...;)

Geoff

imported post

I would love to join, but recently had surgery and shouldn't be on theclean up crew. I may be able to join for the picnic though.

have a good one,
Geoff

AaronS

imported post

Geoff wrote:
I would love to join, but recently had surgery and shouldn't be on theclean up crew. I may be able to join for the picnic though.

have a good one,
Geoff
I forgot about that. You must be getting a lot better eh? Very sorry that you are not well yet.

SAK

imported post

Ooooo, I would love to make it. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm going to post it at ICarry.

From now on guys, take a second to post events like this over there:

http://www.icarry.org/eventscalendar-submit-2009-10.html

We run Google ads, promote at gun shows, do the One-Gun-a-Month, so a lot of people will see it who otherwise would not if you post it there :)

nevinsb, are you signed up for the giveaway? Give you a free chance to resolve not having a pistol :D

SAK

imported post

Awesome man, make sure you confirm the emails and then follow the link in your "Welcome" email to check-in for this month. Then each month you can simply check-in again by following one link and you'll be in for that month too :D Good luck!

SAK

imported post

I'm planning on coming up! I hope there's good weather and likewise good turnout. These sorts of events are an excellent way to gain awareness for open carry and right-to-carry in general.

I'm still waiting for the Illinois State Police to get around to renewing my FOID card. Since it has since expired, if I do not receive it this week I will be unable to bring a firearm up with me. Funny thing is once in Wisconsin I can possess one, just not in my own state until my SS approval card arrives :p

Can anyone provide a loaner for the day if my card doesn't get here? I can wear an empty holster or I do have a BB gun that fits nicely in my Fobus glock holster, but besides being really embarrassing it's just not the same ;) I have holsters for G17/19 (possibly fits other models too) and Springfield XD. I should have a generic holster that can fit anything around somewhere, or I can pick one up if I can't find it.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had some plans for this weekend, but I'm going to try to clear up my schedule so I can make it. I should be able to confirm by the middle of the week.