• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you guys do me a favor?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you are Buying or Selling a gun most of you are posting it somewhere online in addtion to that can you post here http://www.DefianceArmory.com This is my new site that I created for gun owner all over to sell there guns locally, and its not a complicated system, very short and easy to use and can be anonymous, you can add pics and options if you ship or are a dealer. If you know a gun show or other event is comming up ad it to the calendar, just select your city close to you and your ready to go, I have only been up for a couple weeks and only have 64 ads but its growing fast and hope to have your help.

OH IT FREE

If you see an error or want to suggest a new category or anything just ask.

Thanks guys

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Looks good! I hope it takes off! I made a post in the hunting lands wanted section.
I do have a suggestion for you, at least for the Texas section...
Instead of organizing Texas by city, it is generally easiest to organize by region (North, East, Gulf Coast, South, West, Central/Hill Country, Pan Handle) We have WAY too much area to cover to try to keep it within cities, and like me, I am between Austin/Waco and Houston, on the edge between Central and East so for my posting I would rather post in Central and East, than Houston, Austin, and SA as many people won't click on those individual cities, but would click on a region...

Just a thought! Good Luck with it!

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Looks good! I hope it takes off! I made a post in the hunting lands wanted section.
I do have a suggestion for you, at least for the Texas section...
Instead of organizing Texas by city, it is generally easiest to organize by region (North, East, Gulf Coast, South, West, Central/Hill Country, Pan Handle) We have WAY too much area to cover to try to keep it within cities, and like me, I am between Austin/Waco and Houston, on the edge between Central and East so for my posting I would rather post in Central and East, than Houston, Austin, and SA as many people won't click on those individual cities, but would click on a region...

Just a thought! Good Luck with it!
How is that?

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Getting closer...
Gulf Coast: kinda self explanatory, but mainly from Houston to Corpus Christi.
South: Basically anything south of San Antonio
Central/Hill Country: San Antonio, Austin, Waco and west to the edge of the hill country.
North: Dallas/FtWorth and East (north of I-20)
East: North of Gulf Coast, East of Central, mainly the 'piney woods' area
West: West of the hill country
Panhandle: West of D/FW; includes Lubbock, Amarillo and north

Heres a geographic region map: http://www.tourtexas.com/texas_maps_regions.cfm
Having cities isn't a bad thing, but we Texans also often identify with a region more so than a specific city and are generally willing to travel further than the average 'yankee' :lol:

Overall, good looking site, easy to navigate! And don't worry too much about how you originally divided Texas, most non Texans don't know how we reference it...
It's just a Texas thing Y'all!:celebrate