• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in a small town in Nebraska

Nebduckman

imported post

Nebraska's AG is trying to change the rules for CC's where local township laws do not oversee the states rule about CC. My question is what are the laws about OC in where I live in Nebraska city.. and how should I go about finding this out without drawing attention from the local gov?

Carnivore

imported post

Don't worry about the local Government, you're a citizen, and it's your right, and obligation to know the laws and local ordinances of any part of this country you care to travel, as a matter of fact, ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, they will tell you that real quick!! Educate yourself of all the rules and obligations of your everyday walk of life!

Nebduckman

imported post

Thats what I want to do. I want to knowwhat the laws are but where should I start... Do I talk to the police chief about it? Where would you start to find out this info? Thats the question I'd like answered. A starting point first.

Carnivore

imported post

Go to your city hall, or any city hall of a town that you may be open carrying in, and tell the clerk that you would like a print out of the local firearm ordinances, they can't deny you a copy of anything to do with town/city/ laws or ordinances, how could one be expected to obey local laws, if their kept under lock and key privey to only specific citizens. Keep all the copies of these ordinances , and or duplicates in your vehicle glovebox in case you run into a misunderstanding with a law enforcement officer of a town/communitywhen you know you are in the right in respect to their own firearms laws because some cops don't take it upon themselves to read up on and remember the laws of their own jurisdiction..

Nebduckman

imported post

I went to the police station and talked to them. The cheif was not available at the time. That officer directed me to the county clerks office. When I get there they know of no ordinace or law against OC or CC. I did leave my number for the the county AG will get back to me about this and what they have on the books.

Where else would I go for to find anything on this.

Nebduckman

imported post

When I do find the paper work on this I will leave a copy in all of my vehicles. Thanks for the advice. Keep in touch.

wrightme