• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Verified Unicorn

Jason Rogers

imported post

Friday 25 Sep 09 at about 0930 I was in line at the Wawa on 610 imediatly ajacent to the Garrisonville Rd exit of I95.

Thecustomer in line in front of me was a white mid 20s male dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I notice right away the glock on his right hip in an OWB holster.

I said something to the efect of "Right on brother, It's good to see someone open carrying. I often OC but right now I am running a work errand or I would be too.":lol:

He said "I have a CHL but it's just more comfortable this way.":uhoh:

Me "Hey thats cool I'd like to see more people OC. Have you ever heard of OpenCarry.org or the Virginia Citizens Defence Leage?":)

Him "No, I have a CHL but it's just more comfortable this way.":uhoh:

He finished his transaction anddashed out of the Wawa. He only reapeated, as you can see, that he has a CCW but this was more comfortable. He seemed a little out of sorts being approached about his gun and I hope I did not put him off of OC.

But score one true unicorn for me!:celebrate

Jason Rogers

imported post

ed wrote:
Jason Rogers wrote:
He said "I have a CHL
I woulda said "What's a CHL?" :banghead:
I abreveated so I did not have to type it out but he actualy said "I have a concealed handgun license..." He never used the acronym "CHL" or any other euphemism for state permision to hide a gun about ones person.

TexasNative

imported post

ed wrote:
Do I have to explain that to you again, Ed? I know Marines are slow, but this is getting out of hand!

~ Boyd

P.S. Don't anyone get spun up over this. I've taken it as my duty to help bring all the Marines I know (including my eldest son) up to a double-digit intelligence. Ed is my hardest challenge.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
ed wrote:
Do I have to explain that to you again, Ed? I know Marines are slow, but this is getting out of hand!

~ Boyd

P.S. Don't anyone get spun up over this. I've taken it as my duty to help bring all the Marines I know (including my eldest son) up to a double-digit intelligence. Ed is my hardest challenge.
:lol:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
jmelvin wrote:
The dude may have been an Ohioan as their "CCW permit" is called a CHL.
So is ours. W is for weapons, the VA permit only allows handguns.
Ohio's only allows concealed handguns and is referred to as a license. Similarly Virginia's only allows concealed handguns and is referred to as a permit (or that is what is commonly referred and is also listed as a permit on mine issued by Lynchburg).

nova

imported post

I've never heard of an abbreviation for NH's permit...it's a "Pistol/Revolver License" so does that make it a PRL? :lol:

To someone unaware of laws, it would almost sound like it is needed to own a gun and not carry one!