• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Alamogordo Daily News

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

I've been following this story with great interest, simply for the fact that I grew up near there, in Capitan. I posted a reply there, but please go to the link to read....it's rather loooong!!! (don't stick a quarter in me...lol). Once it started I just couldn't stop myself!!! But I think I spoke rather intellegently.

alamoeliza

imported post

ok, we called to get the permit to use the park. the only available spot is the pavilion by the playground. it will be $28. we just wanted the go ahead before doing it. we will be happy to cover the fee. also, we made up some fliers and have permission to hang them in several businesses. should we put anyones contact info on them? if you want i can make an email account just for this and put it on them.

Jizzzle

imported post

it just seems so weird to me that we have to pay to use public property.

i talked to miguel (the lawyer) and he wasn't aware of a requirement of a permit to use the park. it's better to be safe than sorry of course, but it's still interesting..

just another thing that needs to change maybe?

alamoeliza

imported post

well, we can use the park for free, but if anyone shows up that paid then we have to leave. this guarentees us the spot and makes it so the cops cant try to book the park that day.

Jizzzle

imported post

that's cool. i just thought it would be a first come first serve type of deal. but then again it's quite possible (not probable)i'm just ignorant.

Thanks eliza. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback about the bbq. I think it'll go well.

alamoeliza

imported post

there are alot of people with your name. what e-mail did you use to sign up?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I read the Alamogodro news article... and have been following the responses. 'Sure don't sound like a lot of those people are FROM New Mexico... or have been there very long. They sound more like they're from New Jersey or Maryland. 'The law 'allows' is the one that gets me. No... the 'law' recognizes the Right. Where'd these fools go to school? Conceled carry wasn't even an option 'til '04 I think... and it's hilarious to read these idiots go on about CC who don't even own guns.

St.John's 27 years old... an Air Force SSGT 'n these morons are callin' him a 'punk'.? Say WHAT? :what:Hard to believe this kind'a crap exists in NM at all... since NM and AZ are joined at the hip in history since 1854... 'n were the same 'Confederate Territory of Arizona' in 1861- Don't these people... cops especially, know their own Constitution? Apparently... the Constitution is meaningless to many of 'em whoI would think should know better. The move wasn't posted... he's lawfully heeled 'n they 'go off'. I don't think $21K would do it for me... maybe $21K @... including the dweeb movie manager and owner(s).If this is the general mentality of Alamogordo... somethin' is seriously WRONG there.

rottenkidnm

imported post

Hey, did you get your facebook going? if so I would like to send you a friends request.

Terri of Bob and Terri

fractionofsanity

imported post

I will be attending the bbq just so you know matt as the name i have here might have you guessing its mike and shawna will probly also be coming .