• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Alamogordo Daily News

Jizzzle

imported post

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_13441455

There are the normal comments to this story from the normal type of people.

However, On the 17th of Oct (Saturday) I want to get an informal carry BBQ together at Alameda Park around noonish. I'll buy some hamburgers and the rest of the stuff can be pot-luck.

If you plan on coming please let me know here ok? That way we are at least a little bit organized. So far there are a handful of people that are down with the idea.

Absolutely no alcohol please.

alamoeliza

imported post

me, my husband (scooter t cowboy on topix) and our 2 daughters plan on attending. is there anything we can do to help? you should spread the word on www.hollomanunderground.com. (im the moderator so if the discussion stays peaceful, it wont get deleted. )

Jizzzle

imported post

Confirmed Attendees:

Scooter and Alamoeliza +2
PrimalSeal
Bob and Terri
T-Bird
Yankee21
Mtncat
Mike and Shawna
Stephen +1

Jizzzle

imported post

not yet eliza. if i may call you that.

just waiting on responses for participation. that's it. then maybe next week we'll start the hard work.

alamoeliza

imported post

As far as I know we will need a permit to gather. If we don't get a permit your friends the police can ask us to leave. If we have a permit there is nothing they can do. I think you get them at City Hall. Want me to look into it for you?

Jizzzle

imported post

so if i want to bbq with some friends on public property i need a permit? and lemme guess.. we would have to come up with a few bucks for said permit? on public property.... haha

alamoeliza

imported post

Something like this.... You know police will want to interfere. Any questions call me at 575-442-5640

alamoeliza

imported post

Wife said the park is first come first served. there are no signs prohibiting weapons. But just to be safe I'm gonna call the parks department in the morning. I'll post what I find here.

alamoeliza

imported post

I got a charcoal grill. My buddy has a 2 tier gas. He's gonna try to go too. If not I can see if he can loan it to me.