• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow(Sept 30), Arizona can finally turn green on the Restaurant Carry map

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There was a time... pre-1994 CC, when you could walk into most any joint (including hotel lounges) in AZ, unbuckle your gunbelt... wrap it around the holster 'n hand it off to the barkeep. You got it back upon leaving. Some places still honor this tradition. Those joints now run by noobs have no concept of the practice. Most noobs in AZ carryin' guns have no concept of 'gunbelt' either.

Then again.... there were several placesI can think of where the management didn't care one way or the other 'n the barkeep was also armed. 'Long as you behaved yourself you drank while heeled 'n there were no problems (that I know of... or encountered) with that. 'Ony thing this 'law' does is make it legal to be in a beer joint while concealed.

Anybody who thinks CC'rs ain't been drinkin' in AZ while heeled all these years is in La-La Land. The only REAL way to know if a person is heeled or not (and not serve 'em) is if they're open carrying. The obvious once again escapes the politicians.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

My congratulations to my friends in Arizona for finally being able to legally carry into an establishment that serves alcohol. I note that the national Fox News website is making a big deal of this.

Y'all might want to point out that your uptight, overly-religious, tea-totalling neighbors to the north (Utah) not only allow the possession of guns in restaurants and bars, but even allows those who are carrying to imbibe if they wish. The only restriction is that one may not be intoxicated (taken to be the same level as for DUI) while in possession of a firearm.

Now, I realize there are those who strongly advocate against any alcohol consumption while armed. I'll save that debate for another day and simply point out that in Utah it is a matter of personal choice and responsibility, NOT criminal law.

And for the record, the ONLY time in my memory that a person who was legally armed may have caused a problem or misused his gun while consuming alcohol in a Utah bar happened just last week. Some kind of fight broke out in a bar and an off duty cop shot another man. Cop claims self defense. Family of man claims otherwise. Still under investigation. I can't recall any other problems involving legally armed men or women causing problems with a gun carried into a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol.

Maybe because "no gun" signs have no force of law here (except for a very few government buildings that are off limits), you see very few such signs.

Again, congrats to Arizona. All the best in continued progress.

Charles

ljordan

imported post

I didn't realize until this AM that the law only allows "concealed carry" into establishments licensed to serve alcohol.

The next order of business is to press for OC as well. I can see it now: anti-gunners arguing FOR concealed carry, while poo-poo'ing open carry.

Dragonflydf

imported post

ljordan wrote:
I didn't realize until this AM that the law only allows "concealed carry" into establishments licensed to serve alcohol.

The next order of business is to press for OC as well. I can see it now: anti-gunners arguing FOR concealed carry, while poo-poo'ing open carry.

The original law as proposed allowed all forms of carry. We can thank the NRA for screwing that up, they are the group that pushed for concealed carry only. So, this is a law for a very small number of people.

aadvark

imported post

Sometimes the NRA does mess things up a little, but I think it was well paved with good intentions to allow Concealed Carry Permit holders to Conceal Carry and Dine, provided; that they do not drink Alcohol.

Arizona is extremely gun-freindly, and this measure is only one step closer to ensuring that Arizona scores a perfect zero on The Brady Bunch card.

Good Job Arizona!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The NRA is populated with an over abundance of FUDDs. CC isn't exactly legion here... casue the weather dictates otherwise. Women with purses... guys with fanny packs (ugh) 'n 'the suits' may rejoice... but CC'rs carry in bars 'n restaurants anyway. I mean... what are they gonna do... frisk you at the door? 'Only place I've seen anything close to that is Big Nose Kate's in Tombstone. I'll be goin' there next month for Helldorado... soI fully expect to see the no guns signs there... 'n most everywhere 'cept Six Gun City. At least they let ya check your guns at the gate 'n give you a plastic widget as a receipt to retrieve it.

I figure it'd be easy to 'make' a noob CC'r when they sidle up to a bar stool 'n order a coke. Real world... CC'rs drink. That's hardly 'new' or news to anybody who's been here for any length of time. 'Course they don't advertise it.Why would they? Maybe one day we'll get to where Utah is... w/o the 'permit' nonsense.

azlobo

imported post

Yeah the only way to get away with CC in shorts and a t-shirt and forgo the fanny pack idea (which I refuse to do) is to get a LCP or a P3AT and either smart-carry (ironic name - I still don't like that notion) or an uncle mikes thin little iwb holster for it. Gee guess which option I chose to go with?

:lol:

RJ

Banned
imported post

I carry a para slim hawg .45 in a iwb in shorts all summer long, and usually a pocket unit.
The only time I wear long pants is when I have a meeting or some formal issue, and then wear the same units, sometimes a third, pending the mood.;
yep it gets damp on occassion, but what or who doesn't in an Arizona summer.
RJ

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I quit wearin short pants whenI was 6 years old... 'cept for the canoe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I figure it'd be easy to 'make' a noob CC'r when they sidle up to a bar stool 'n order a coke. Real world... CC'rs drink. That's hardly 'new' or news to anybody who's been here for any length of time. 'Course they don't advertise it.Why would they? Maybe one day we'll get to where Utah is... w/o the 'permit' nonsense.
I slide up to the bar and order water with my grub all the time. I never drink (ever), and no sense taking up a whole table elsewhere in the restaurant and making the waitress roll her eyes over the lame tip she's going to get when it could otherwise be a full table.

lostone1413

imported post

azlobo wrote:
Yeah the only way to get away with CC in shorts and a t-shirt and forgo the fanny pack idea (which I refuse to do) is to get a LCP or a P3AT and either smart-carry (ironic name - I still don't like that notion) or an uncle mikes thin little iwb holster for it. Gee guess which option I chose to go with?

:lol:
I carry appendix carry. I can wear shorts and just wear a Tee shirt outside my shorts. No way unless you pat me down could you make me. To me an appendix carry is also the fastest way to get to your gun in a real confrontation bar none. If your in fair shape an appendix carry won't bother you at all I'm 5'11" and 240 lbs and no trouble at all with that carry