• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

found this on mgo

cabman1

imported post

Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher
I find it funny how many people are ready to crucify this guy. You need to remember that a accidental discharge can happen to anyone.

In my opinion you need to get the newbie’s together, by a prior posting or sign. Then have a range safety briefing, before every match we have a briefing with all people shooting. There should be at a minimal, some prior training in pistol carry for free. This should be openly and obviously stated in the posting of such an event.
The purpose of such a event is to have each others backs. MOC seems more worried about there image than the guy who has a legal problem and bills. How quick you distance yourself after inviting new people. Shame, Shame.
If someone wants training on basic safety that can be done for free by me prior to attending a event. Let me know.

Use this incident as a way to grow as a group and not destroy each other. Accidental discharges are apart of what we do as gun owners, it can happen to anyone. Most discharges happen returning the gun to the holster not coming out.

lechwe

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I find it funny how many people are ready to crucify this guy. You need to remember that a accidental discharge can happen to anyone.

In my opinion you need to get the newbie’s together, by a prior posting or sign. Then have a range safety briefing, before every match we have a briefing with all people shooting. There should be at a minimal, some prior training in pistol carry for free. This should be openly and obviously stated in the posting of such an event.
The purpose of such a event is to have each others backs. MOC seems more worried about there image than the guy who has a legal problem and bills. How quick you distance yourself after inviting new people. Shame, Shame.
If someone wants training on basic safety that can be done for free by me prior to attending a event. Let me know.

Use this incident as a way to grow as a group and not destroy each other. Accidental discharges are apart of what we do as gun owners, it can happen to anyone. Most discharges happen returning the gun to the holster not coming out.
I understand what he is trying to say but I'm calling BS on the fact that it happens to everyone. It has never happened to me. It should never happen to anyone unles it is a malfunction. You can never discuss safety too much though so I can get behind that.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lechwe wrote:
cabman1 wrote:

I understand what he is trying to say but I'm calling BS on the fact that it happens to everyone. It has never happened to me. It should never happen to anyone unles it is a malfunction. You can never discuss safety too much though so I can get behind that.
Lechwe, Pistol Teacher mentioned it can happen to anyone. He did not say it happens to everyone. Yes, we all know it shouldn't happen, but the reality of it is, it will tosome of us(LE or Non-LE) sooner or later.