• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in another state?

Swankster988

imported post

I know that Ohio and Pennsylvania you can open carry in. Here is the deal i have a place in ohio and one in pa right about 50 minutes away from each other. My drivers license and my cars are all ohio. So that means my "technical" residence is in ohio. If im not a resident in pa can i still open carry there? also does pa recognize ohio's conceal permit?

Swankster988

imported post

I have looked and cant find any information on this. If anyone knows please chime in.

Swankster988

imported post

I just havent been able to find anything that says if you dont live in pa you cant open carry, also it says pa accepts and other states concealed permit so that is good.

mrjam2jab

imported post

PA and OH do NOT have ...reciprocity

However, your OH permit will cover you while driving in PA:

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) Offense defined.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any
person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of
business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a
firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in hisplace of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed
any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(b) Exceptions.-The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle which, person possesses a valid and lawfully issued
license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

Yes you can open carry in PA even tho you are not a resident.

You can get a non-resident PA LTCF for those times when you want to carry concealed in PA

Kris

imported post

My understanding that in order to get a non-resident LTCF in PA, you must present a copy of a valid carry permit from your home state, if it issues one. Since NJ is technically a "may" issue state, but rarely actually issues permits, does that mean I'm SOL?

-- Kris

EDIT: Looks like I'll be sending paper to Fl . . .

benzino1

imported post

I recently got pulled over and had my gun in a bag that was clipped closed in fl. they arrested me for carrying a concealed weapon. Is that right?

UtahJarhead

imported post

benzino1 wrote:
I recently got pulled over and had my gun in a bag that was clipped closed in fl. they arrested me for carrying a concealed weapon. Is that right?
Got a concealed firearm permit? If so, then it appears FL law says you're good to go. Honestly, this is a question best left to the Florida forum... If you do NOT have a permit, then it depends on if Florida's castle doctrine says your vehicle is an extension of your castle or not. IANAL so you must do your own research for proper answers, but again the best place to start is the Florida forum.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

benzino1 wrote:
You do not provide enough specific data - way too much detail lacking.

In any event, it would be prudent to speak with an attorney.

Yata hey

Ivan Sample

imported post

I agree with you on those two states but he is talking about Fl. In a bag and not in a glove box. I hate to say this but you can be found guilty for carrying a conceal weapon. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Its common sense by the state law.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
I agree with you on those two states but he is talking about Fl. In a bag and not in a glove box. I hate to say this but you can be found guilty for carrying a conceal weapon. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Its common sense by the state law.
No provision for going to place of repair, range or scheduled match?

Cite please.

Yata hey

Ivan Sample

imported post

grapeshot-

we are talking aboutan incident that occur in Florida. It had nothing to with takena gun to a repair shop or to the gun range. Read earlier post to get a feel of the situation that occur to one of our members. I don't wish this to happen to any ofus . But if you have it inaclose bag and you don't have aCCDW in Florida its consider concealed and you can be charge for it. I am glad that this boardis here because I amlearning about OC and will continue to learn from you folks. Once again I say thank-you to all.:shock:

cruzn82

imported post

handgunlaw.us has a similar map as opencarry.org. Go there and click on your state. Lots of info there.