• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did I get my rights violated?

imported post

Actually, it IS a judge's duty to educate you in his courtroom.

It is HIS duty to ensure your rights are not violated. With things being the way they are today, I know this sounds radical, but that just goes to show how far we've strayed.

Glad to see actual attorneys admitting their presence. Now, if just ONE of them would volunteer their services to REAL activists, progress can occur.

georg jetson

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Actually, it IS a judge's duty to educate you in his courtroom.

It is HIS duty to ensure your rights are not violated. With things being the way they are today, I know this sounds radical, but that just goes to show how far we've strayed.

Glad to see actual attorneys admitting their presence. Now, if just ONE of them would volunteer their services to REAL activists, progress can occur.
Ok... would you care to site some law that would indicate what you say is true??

Why do you think an attorney should volunteer their services?? Is there something wrong with your brain?? I don't mean to agitate anyone, but if you think someone educated in the law could help then by all means educate yourself in the law and then help :)

imported post

The word is "cite."

I'm tired, no, make that damned tired of trying to teach people stuff they should already know. If my stupid self can read this stuff, so can others.

If you doubt the accuracy of anything I say, read up on it for yourself.

If there are bar-approved attorneys who frequent this site and have a genuine interest in OC (not CC), by all means, they should do more than just make comments on an internet forum.

Ever heard the old expression "while you're up, get me a beer, too." Same concept here. If someone has graduated law school, there's no need for each and every gun rights activist (NOTE: I didn't say gun "owner") to duplicate the efforts of an attorney. It's a shame gun folks don't learn from others' efforts at securing their rights.

imported post

The word is "cite."

I'm tired, no, make that damned tired of trying to teach people stuff they should already know. If my stupid self can read this stuff, so can others.

If there are bar-approved attorneys who frequent this site and have a genuine interest in OC (not CC), by all means, they should do more than just make comments on an internet forum.

Ever heard the old expression "while you're up, get me a beer, too." Same concept here. If someone has graduated law school, there's no need for each and every gun rights activist (NOTE: I didn't say gun "owner") to duplicate the efforts of an attorney. It's a shame gun folks don't learn from others' efforts at securing their rights.

imported post

The word is "cite."

Slidell Jim

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
I still want to know why the Trooper turned over HIS stop to the locals after he was finished.You shouldalso call LSP and ask
This was because of one of two things. The trooper was a one year veteran on the force and unsure how to handle it so he called for backup (don't know why other troopers didn't respond) or he realized he was already in the wrong and was trying to cover his ass by getting his agency out of the situation completely.

smn

imported post

Submit an open records request (if there's such a thing in LA) to both agencies and see what comes back. Both should have filed reports and hopefully someone has a recording of the incident with video and don't forget to ask for radio transmissions.

charlie12

imported post

LSP Qualifications
  • Be a United States Citizen.
  • Have a minimum of
    1. Two (2) years of experience as a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified peace officer in a full-time position, whose job duties include armed duty with the power of arrest, (jailer/correctional officer experience does not qualify under Option 1, please refer to Option 5), revised May 1, 2008; or
    2. A minimum of sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university, (must provide transcript or degree); or
    3. Any two (2) year combination of Options 1 and 2 above, whereby thirty (30) semester hours will be equivalent to one (1) year of experience; or
    4. Three (3) years of continuous active military duty in the United States Military, (must provide a DD-214 or letter from current commanding officer verifying service), effective October 1, 2001; or
    5. Eight (8) consecutive years of full-time governmental employment (federal, state, or local government).
And then he went though the LSP Academy and one year on the road.I call BS something smells bad about the stop. When hefound out your plate was good you should have be good to go and not turn HIS stop over to the locals. They had no reason to be dealing with you.

imported post

Peace officer? LOL..............what a farce.

Louisiana hasn't seen a "peace " officer in my lifetime...............

What Amerikans have allowed to evolve and plague this once-great Republic are "law enforcement" officers. Learn the difference.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SNIP What Amerikans have allowed to evolve and plague this once-great Republic are "law enforcement" officers. Learn the difference.
An infestation, as it were, judging by media reports.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

But this is exactly what the flag-waving statist of Amerika want !!!!

To them, government is their friend, their protector and provider...........

What a nation of fools we have today

They're waking up, though. Lots of TEA party protests. Ron Paul's book End the Fed has hit bestseller status (can't recall which lists).

I think it wasas much apathy as anything else. As in, for a good whileplenty of people did want big government;then they started to see all the problemsbut were apathetic about being able to do anythingabout it. Now they seem to be waking up.

I wonder ifCongress ignoring the immigration reform issue in (2007?) was kinda the starting point that reallyangered a lot of people.

imported post

Yea, SOME of the sheeple ARE finally catching on, but lots of 'em ( my own mother amongst them) are being mislead and waylaid by Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Rush.

Personally, I consider it too little too late. At this (late) stage of decline, the BEST thing would be a dismantling of the Republic, each state going it's own way.

I can just hear the small-minded, flag-waving statists screaming at the very thought of their god being insulted.

georg jetson

imported post

They're waking up, though. Lots of TEA party protests. Ron Paul's book End the Fed has hit bestseller status (can't recall which lists).

I think it wasas much apathy as anything else. As in, for a good whileplenty of people did want big government;then they started to see all the problemsbut were apathetic about being able to do anythingabout it. Now they seem to be waking up.

I wonder ifCongress ignoring the immigration reform issue in (2007?) was kinda the starting point that reallyangered a lot of people.
Yes, there is a slow awakening, but it's a bit directionless. It's been so long that we've had an educated populace that no one really knows what to do. In order to keep a Republic the citizens MUST know the law. We have 2 classes of people in this country, attorney's who know the law and everyone else. The courts are our avenue of redress and it is a right we must exercise. Our rights are ours to defend and we can only defend them if we know the law. If the second amendment is so dear to us, then shouldn't we be learning when and how to get standing in the appropriate court and how to ENFORCE this right? And how to appeal if we lose the initial case etc...

imported post

As someone who understands any government is morally wrong, I oppose all government.

Eliminating the federal government is but the first step in the correct direction.

I can just hear all the flag-waving, chest-thumping good ole boy statists screaming about now...........

georg jetson

imported post

As someone who understands any government is morally wrong, I oppose all government.

Eliminating the federal government is but the first step in the correct direction.

I can just hear all the flag-waving, chest-thumping good ole boy statists screaming about now...........
Hmmm... never had a real discussion with an anarchist before. Those involved in our nation's birth understood that any government was evil, but was the lessor of the two evils with the other being no government. According to the Declaration of Independence, "they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

At the risk of getting too much off topic from OC discussions, how do you propose these rights are secured without a minimal government?

Of course lets not forget what the very wise Richard Henry Lee said "To say that a bad government must be established for fear of anarchy is really saying that we should kill ourselves for fear of dying."