• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions for Duty belt

Bustelo5%

imported post

I just got a Bianchi Patrol Tech duty belt and I have some questions for you officers out there.
I understand the use for belt keppers in keeping your gear seperated,but do you also connect your trousser belt to your duty belt with the belt keepers.
I am very new to wearing a duty belt but it seems weird just ridding on my hips.
Has anyone ever scoch guard or used 3m on their nylon duty belt to help the color stay fresh?
I should be working armed security in about a week or so and I dont want to look like a goof bal lol.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

if your duty belt and regular belt are seperate.. then you need belt keepers to hold them together, else when you draw, changes are high that you'll just yank your duty belt up around your arm pits.

autosurgeon

imported post

I have a belt that I use with keepers and one that has the Velcro strip and the pants belt does too so they mate up.

Yes the Keepers should go around both belts. That is what they are for!

Michigander

imported post

With my gun belt, I simply keep it snug, and put in lower down my waist than my pants belt. I messed around with keepers for a while before I realized there was no need.

If you have to look good for a job, you probably want keepers. Otherwise they're rather useless in my opinion.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This is a gunbelt. It carries a holstered 1911and a mag pouch. It doesn't move. It doesn't have keepers. It's snug but not tight. It works.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This is a traditional gunbelt. It doesn't move... it carries an SAA .45 'n ammo, sometimes a blade. Gunbelts predate pants belts by over 100 years.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey thanks guys I apperciate your help as I am a complete NOOB when it come to this duty belt stuff.
now what is the purpose of the liner belt?

WheelGun

imported post

A duty belt should wrap around your waist at the same level as your pants belt, with keepers wrapping around both belts. You should be able to remove your pants entirely (for a multitude of reasons) and have everything stay together.

Newer designs have a pants belt with velcro on the outside and the duty belt with velcro on the inside. That's a lot of velcro to replace 4 keepers.

Of course a cowboy rig, or any other low slung rig would not have keepers because it rides lower.

That's one hot rig in the picture.

No, not the picture of the guy, the picture of the single action in the brown holster. Nice.

brokenbarrel

imported post

use keepers to keep the belt in place for if you have to draw,and also it helps support the weight of everything and you can feel the difference after your @#$% and if u do OT its realy noticed.One more thing tuck yur under shirt in yur underwear trust me it keeps everything looking neat.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Thank you guys so much these are all great inputs and now im gonna be buying some belt keepers for sure,im not exactly sure why duty belts dont just come with them since they seem very low in cost.
It seems like I should go buy a button maker so that I can do this stuff myself.

Does the undershirt in the pants facilitate less movement for the belt to go anywhere?
I can defintly see how wearing a duty belt plus belt keepers will help in the over pulling that really got on my neves today when I was practing and also the awesome gun in gut jabbing effect that was pretty fun.
I an also see that by purchasing the wrong size bullet proof vest can add to the discomfort if you dont use belt keeprs as everything is movin all over the place and destroying ur inerds lol.
Thank all of you guys this was really informative and its a very simple concept and for a noob can prove deadly.