• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors Against Guns - Continued

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mayors around the country, saying they were mislead,are resigning from the Bloomberg/Daly anti-second amendment group Mayors Against illegal Guns.

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2009/09/26/mayor-anti-gun-group-misused-my-name/

Several from Wisconsin haveresigned.Bloomberg's websiteshows these Wisconsin members.

spacer.gif

Ashland, WI

spacer.gif

Madison, WI

spacer.gif

Milwaukee, WI

spacer.gif

Park Falls, WI

spacer.gif

Rhinelander, WI

spacer.gif

Saint Francis, WI
spacer.gif

Waukesha, WI

spacer.gif

West Bend, WI

Please distribute this information to other 2nd Admendment forums and blogs. It is important that Barrett and Cieslewicz remain the only Wisconsin members. Legislators then will consider this group to bea Milwaukee-Madison special interest group (which it is).

If you live in a city governed by one these mayors, ask them why they are remaining a member. If they don't resign, contact common council members and express your concern about tax-payer money being used to support an anti-Second Admendment group.

All politics is local - exercise your political power.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I agree, however just because they resign does not mean they won't keep up with their anti gun ideologies. They should be voted out even if they do resign.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Since I am near both Park Falls and Rhinelander, I would like to send both of these mayors some literature of how the MAIG organization is deceiving them with the name they chose to use.and why they should not associate themselves with the MAIG initiative.

Could you guys please post some verifiable facts and snippets of why these mayors should resign from MAIG.
I am starting with Bloomberg's rhetoric, and also including the micro-stamping and the "ammunition accountability act" B-S.

I find their membershipto MAIG especially bothersomesince Rhinelander is a huge hunting destination for deer season. And Park Falls has named itself "The Grouse hunting capitol of the world". An integral part of boththese towns' economy depends on shooting sports and the mayors think MAIG is just to keep guns out of the hands of illegal persons.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Could you guys please post some verifiable facts and snippets of why these mayors should resign from MAIG.
I am starting with Bloomberg's rhetoric, and also including the micro-stamping and the "ammunition accountability act" B-S.

I find their membershipto MAIG especially bothersomesince Rhinelander is a huge hunting destination for deer season. And Park Falls has named itself "The Grouse hunting capitol of the world". An integral part of boththese towns' economy depends on shooting sports and the mayors think MAIG is just to keep guns out of the hands of illegal persons.

Start here - fact sheet links -

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=254&issue=011

& thanks. Wisconsin MAiG will be used by Barrett & Co. to lobby the legistature for his "Communist Sense" anti-2nd agenda.

Pointman

imported post

NRA Fights Back Against Bloomberg's Gun Control Coalition
Showdown is playing out across the country in blogs, on the editorial pages of newspapers, and at countless gun clubs

snipped from: http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/144874

Hubrich sees Mayor Bloomberg as the poster boy for gun control. "It's disgusting that any one man can cause so much turmoil. It's disgusting because he never speaks the truth -- he always twists a little bit.He's good at it. I'll give him credit. He's good at that. Once the more educated mayors and sheriffs see what he's doing, they back out. Because they know it's a lie."

Wisconsin Mayors Against YOU Having A GunUpdate
Mayor Edward Monroe: Ashland, WI
Mayor Dave Cieslewicz: Madison, WI
Mayor Tom Barrett, who is running for Governor of WI: Milwaukee, WI
Mayor Thomas Ratzlaff: Park Falls, WI
Mayor Richard Johns: Rhinelander, WI
Mayor Al Richards: Saint Francis, WI
Mayor Larry Nelson: Waukesha, WI
Mayor Kristine M. Deiss: West Bend, WI

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
NRA Fights Back Against Bloomberg's Gun Control Coalition
Showdown is playing out across the country in blogs, on the editorial pages of newspapers, and at countless gun clubs

snipped from: http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/144874

Hubrich sees Mayor Bloomberg as the poster boy for gun control. "It's disgusting that any one man can cause so much turmoil. It's disgusting because he never speaks the truth -- he always twists a little bit.He's good at it. I'll give him credit. He's good at that. Once the more educated mayors and sheriffs see what he's doing, they back out. Because they know it's a lie."

Wisconsin Mayor Update:
Mayor Edward Monroe: Ashland, WI
Mayor Dave Cieslewicz: Madison, WI
Mayor Tom Barrett: Milwaukee, WI
Mayor Thomas Ratzlaff: Park Falls, WI
Mayor Richard Johns: Rhinelander, WI
Mayor Al Richards: Saint Francis, WI
Mayor Larry Nelson: Waukesha, WI
Mayor Kristine M. Deiss: West Bend, WI

Organize & vote this group out. They will be alwaysagainst open & concealed carry & being armed for self defense. Tothem 2A is the right to hunt (preferably with single shot rifles and shotguns as Doyle with once considering).

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3206

I would not be surprised if Jeri B,the WAVE babe, has spoken & massaged the egos of each and everyone of these mayors. Barrett tells them to sit & they s###.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

SlackwareRobert

imported post

It doesn't help up there but with Larry Langford's conviction they have one less
nationally supporting the stupidity, and one more multiple felon member. Such
an outstanding group, even there own members can't have a gun.
One down (Birmingham, AL), rest to go.:celebrate
Going on 4 mayors this year, #3 starts today. the terms are so short they have
no time to join anti gun organizations.:lol: