• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Square meetup

mikestilly

imported post

I dont think this day is good for most people based on the responses. For me it's my sons birthday weekend and we have stuff planned Sat & Sun. Lets plan a meet up when the max amount of people can make it and discuss it now. The 17th is best for me I can be there any time and have all day. I'm also available for picking someone up if they need a ride. Anyone else? Crap 17th is the Canton Chili Picnic. lol 18th?

mikestilly

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Tell me exactly where this is and I'll be there .I'd also like to attend the council meeting if I can get directions. I have a camcorder if needed.(And A gun)

Hey TheKunk,

Let me know if you're able to record it. I would love to put it on my Open Carry Youtube Channel. I can do all the editing.

Let me know.

Guys,
I wish I could be there but can't skip out on an appointment for my son. I'll be back by 1:30. Will anyone be still there at that time??????? I really want to be involved.

Mike

TheSzerdi

imported post

Venator wrote:
thekunk47 wrote:
Tell me exactly where this is and I'll be there .I'd also like to attend the council meeting if I can get directions. I have a camcorder if needed.(And A gun)
Here is a link witha map and address for the Town council meeting. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/32072-4.html
Is the city square meetup the same place as the town council meeting? And if someone could post exact addresses that work with google maps it would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken it's:

Council Meeting Oct. 13th 8:00 PM

Warren Community Center Auditorium
5460 Arden S. of 14 Mi Rd. W. off of Mound Rd.
Warren, MI
586-258-2060
8:00 PM

But I'm still not sure on the City Square location (the date/time is 11th at noon)...?

TheSzerdi

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Warren Civic Center
1 City Square
(Off of Van Dyke, across from the GM Tech Center)
Warren, MI 48093
586-751-0770

Oct 10th this Saturday

Not very familiar with the area so I don't know where the GM Tech Center is and the address pulled up in google maps when you put that in looks like a bunch of apartment buildings from the satellite view. Can't get a streetview of it.

mikestilly

imported post

oooooops it look like the day was set to the 11th. One hace their brain on today? Mines turned off. This sunday right? Sunday there no chace i can make it but i can saturday at 1:30

Mike

FatboyCykes

imported post

10//11/09 is a Sunday. The location is on the east side of Van Dyke, at about 12 1/2 mile road. You really cant miss it as it's pretty much town hall/center. You will see signs for the 37th district court and the police station, but the market takes place in front of the actual hall/library building, near the fountain.

It's a bunch of local farmers and other entrepreneurs that are there to sell their food/wares. It's not a huge event by any means, but you cant get much more public than this, and you can throw a stone and almost hit the PD.