• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Square meetup

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I still plan on being there. I'm two days out of knee surgery and I will be there in a wheel chair if I have to. Even if it's only me and two other people.

I think the weather will hold up too, so that's a plus. Looking forward to seeing you guys Sunday!

mouse

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
I still plan on being there. I'm two days out of knee surgery and I will be there in a wheel chair if I have to. Even if it's only me and two other people.

I think the weather will hold up too, so that's a plus. Looking forward to seeing you guys Sunday!
Barring my sister coming up with something 'goofy', I'll be there. Hummm...wonder what time Kuhnhenn Brewery (Chicago and Mound) opens Sunday? Perhaps lock the firearm in the lock box and stop for a tasty brew afterward? Oh, just called, Sunday hours noon to 8 PM.

Kuhnenn Brewing Co. 5929 Chicago Rd. Warren, MI 48092. First pints on me! Now who's in?

mikestilly

imported post

I feel bad... I really wanted to go but it's my sons birthday. Can't skip out on it. I will definitely be at the chili cook off an hopefully we have some more Warren meets.

Mike

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I feel bad... I really wanted to go but it's my sons birthday. Can't skip out on it. I will definitely be at the chili cook off an hopefully we have some more Warren meets.

Mike
All you gotta do is make your own that is on a date that works for you. ;)

PDinDetroit

imported post

Generaldet wrote:

For proper OC, we will have to get you a wheelchair-capable strap-on holster. Does anyone have a proper, um, er, strap-on for John to borrow?

:lol:

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

For proper OC, we will have to get you a wheelchair-capable strap-on holster. Does anyone have a proper, um, er, strap-on for John to borrow?

:lol:
lol I don't think I'll be borrowing anyone's strap on anything, that's just wrong. :uhoh:

I just hope that the great Warren PD will not confuse a wheelchair with a vehicle lol. I'm looking forward to discussing some future events over the winter and hearing more about the city council meeting plans.

Michigander

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
I just hope that the great Warren PD will not confuse a wheelchair with a vehicle.
I don't see why it would be a problem. If they say it's a vehicle, then by law they can't see your gun, even if you're holding my recently built "pistol size" riot gun. :lol:

lapeer20m

imported post

waiting anxiously to hear how things turn out. Maybe i should watch the news to see if there is any video of your rights being violated

cops.jpg

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Only discreetly...
I saw a squad car and an SUV creep down the street, but they didn't even enter the square let alone approach any of us.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Not to mention that street is the main entrance that most patrol cars use to get to the department right around the corner. I don't think they were there on our behalf at all.

Coney was great too, 12 people show up, most of them armed and they didn't bat an eyelash, greeted us, seated us and our waitress was great.