• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

same old question, open carry in a car without a concealed permit

nova

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
And we really need you out and about and free to carry the cause.
Thanks for the concern.:D

I don't see anywhere in thelaw where it states I have to have my permit on my person when I'm in a school GFZ, I just need to posses a valid one.

Beside I believe it is impossible to comply with the GFZ acts.

[line]

Back to the OP's question:

I don't believe a firearm carried openly would be consider concealed when seated in a car or booth in a Restaurant/club.

IANALNDIPOOTBT.

Excellent! I just re-read U.S. Code 18,922, q.2.B.ii and it clearly states that the,

"..individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license"

As you pointed out, it does not say you must be carrying your "license" at the time you are carrying your firearm in the school zone. Great catch, Agent19!
can anyone other than federal law enforcement enforce the gfsza?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Dunno about them enforcing the GFSZ, but I know the local Sheriff's Dept can (and does) enforce speeding and parking laws (Federal laws)on Federal Land in Yorktown, VA. The Park Service also enforce the same area. Some of the areas overlap and both have been granted jurisdiction.

For those afraid to OC in Yorktown, there is ONE area you can't carry in town and that's at the picnic area "downriver" of the fishing pier, but it says right on the Brown National Park-type sign "No Weapons" (or firearms, I'm not exactly sure of the wording).

There are so many schools around here that the SD doesn't try to enforce the GFSZ. They're busy enough enforcing other laws...

msc

Marco

imported post

nova wrote:
Don't know but none of the local/state or feds that see me walking daily have yet to try and enforce it, going on 5yrs now with no problems.

I think their scared of my dog,he's only 13" @ the shoulder and weights <50 lbs.:lol:
498.jpg

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
nova wrote:
Don't know but none of the local/state or feds that see me walking daily have yet to try and enforce it, going on 5yrs now with no problems.

I think their scared of my dog,he's only 13" @ the shoulder and weights <50 lbs.:lol:
498.jpg

SPUD MCKENZIE!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
nova wrote:

498.jpg
SPUD MCKENZIE!!!
William The Conqueror, aka Willie. Rather famous owner. Bit of WWII trivia.

Yata hey

Marco

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That was Gen. Patton's dog.:p

Unfortunately the dog was portrayed as a coward in the movie, I have yet to meet a BT that is. They may not be fighters but they aren't cowards (curs).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That was Gen. Patton's dog.:p

Unfortunately the dog was portrayed as a coward in the movie, I have yet to meet a BT that is. They may not be fighters but they aren't cowards (curs).
We have a winner!

Can't put much stock in Hollywood. Knowing for what work these dogs were bred, I can't imagine them getting weak in the knees.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Woah... Dida Mozambique... Repaired...
Not if you've got a whole minute between shots! Clearly the encounter was over, your assailant fleeing.

Obviously you followed him up and shot him again. This is the charitable conclusion. The less complimentary option is that your gun jammed and it took you an entire minute to reduce the jam before you shot him again.

:):p

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Citizen wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Woah... Dida Mozambique... Repaired...
Not if you've got a whole minute between shots! Clearly the encounter was over, your assailant fleeing.

Obviously you followed him up and shot him again. This is the charitable conclusion. The less complimentary option is that your gun jammed and it took you an entire minute to reduce the jam before you shot him again.

:):p

In the minute between my double-tap and my third round, I had a catastrophic failure to extract/eject, so I had to clear my weapon, remove the slide, use my handy-dandy SOG MultiTool to remove the stubborn piece of .45ACP brass that was stuck and then complete the operation by replacing the slide, inserting magazine, chambering a round (successfully) and firing the third round of the Mozambique Drill.

Fortunately for me, the first two rounds to the torso were well-placed in the aorta and left ventricle, continuing into the left lung; stopping just beforehitting the mope's left clavicleand did not exitbut his running lights were still on, so I finished the Moz. Drill to ensure successful completion to the incident before calling Government-Sponsored Dial-A-Prayer (911)
<Humorous Satire Complete>

:lol: