• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am new to this and have a question

Booniesgirl

imported post

:exclaim: My name is Annie and I just biught a H&R 22 inch calibar handgun. It has a ventaliated rib barrel with competition walnut grips and competitions sites. It is a 9 shot revolver. Model # 940. Can anyone tell me what it is truely worth? I hate to sound like some naive woman but the only other gun I have bought was a 17 guage rifle for hunting out here in North Carolina. That is loveley to shoot and I enjoy and I am sure I did not get ripped off with that but I want to know if I paid to much for this recent one. I would appreciate anyone's help.

Annie

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Your statement and perhaps experience is too limited. There are a number of .17 caliber rifles and rounds (beyond the two that you note).

I shot a .17 Remington for quite some time and rounds factory loaded at 5050 fps.

Perhaps not....:cool:

The .17 Remington and .17 Remington Fireball are not your typical newbie cartridges. The odds of someone purchasing and using either without being knowledgeable about what they have are fairly slim. If you can come up with even more obscure .17 rounds, it would be even more so true. Due to cost, availability and other practical considerations, most will pass on both cartridges and choose a .22-250 or a .223 instead. The .17 rimfires however are very prevalent and common.