• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celtic Armory

sirpuma

imported post

After a lengthy move from Seattle, I just want to announce to all that my business Celtic Armory is back in business. I now have ALL my licensing and can start conducting business as a Gunsmith, Dealer and Manufacturer of firearms. I will do transfers for $20.:celebrate:monkey:quirky

sirpuma

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Welcome back! How are things in Port Orchard?
It's been slow going and I still need to get my shop set up, but things are much more relaxing here. I have chickens and room to stretch here. I also have KRRC to do my shooting at.

j2l3

imported post

Nice, I'll be PMing you when I am ready to order a few guns. I have a source that offers deals at a price I am willing to pay but will need an FFL to handle the transaction for me.

Definitely will send peoiple your way when I can.

Dart

imported post

Sirpuma,... Thanks for the PM, I will keep you in mind.

j213...please share your good source, PM if you wish.

sirpuma

imported post

I mostly focus on repair and restore work and custom builds for 1911 and AR. I'm not a machinist or welder nor do I have a lathe. So the types of customization like turning barrels or milling out frames I don't do, though I hope to some day. I use the Brownells catalog for my pricing and charge at the lower end of the spectrum.

dan10mmman

imported post

Congratulations, And best of luck, it takes a brave man to open a business in these times. And a smart one to make it work. You should do just fine. I'll try to send some business your way. Good gunsmiths are hard to find....

sirpuma

imported post

Thank you. I pride myself on quality work. While I can't do some complex things that require mills and lathes I can do most work and I try and keep my prices reasonable.

j2l3

imported post

Dart wrote:
Sirpuma,... Thanks for the PM, I will keep you in mind.

j213...please share your good source, PM if you wish.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

You will be surprised on the firearms deals you will see via email every week or two. You will then need an FFL to place your order for you.

They have good deals on accessories you can order directly as well.

gsx1138

imported post

I don't suppose you were the guy at KRRC shooting his XD at 50 yards? Met a guy there who just moved from Seattle and was waiting on his licensing stuff to get over here.

I was the guy with his wife shooting the AR.

Here's the woman trying a rifle for the very first time in her life.

5.jpg

sirpuma

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I don't suppose you were the guy at KRRC shooting his XD at 50 yards? Met a guy there who just moved from Seattle and was waiting on his licensing stuff to get over here.

I was the guy with his wife shooting the AR.

Here's the woman trying a rifle for the very first time in her life.

5.jpg
Yep, that was me. I was suggesting she ride the stock a bit higher on her shoulder to help her not have to lean her face lower.

gsx1138

imported post

After talking with her about I figured out that she was trying to keep both eyes open and couldn't focus through the rear sight. Also, she's right handed but left eye dominant so I should have had her switch shoulders to make it easier. Cool beans that you got your business going again. I'm sure I'll be needing something done in no time.

sirpuma

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
After talking with her about I figured out that she was trying to keep both eyes open and couldn't focus through the rear sight. Also, she's right handed but left eye dominant so I should have had her switch shoulders to make it easier. Cool beans that you got your business going again. I'm sure I'll be needing something done in no time.
Yes, definitely teach her to shoot with both hands. You can also train to shoot with the non dominant eye. I practice shooting both left and right. When I shoot left I use my left eye. When I shoot right I use my right eye. When I use my pistols I generally use both eyes for close range. Train her to use her right eye when shooting right handed. It will also help with the stance.

Batousaii

imported post

Awesome, I am in Port Orchard, once your set up i'll have to check you out. i will be looking for an older model Ruger Vaquero in the near future.

Best Luck for business!

:cool:Bat

sirpuma

imported post

Well, I'm not a stocking dealer, though I can special order from a couple distributors. I need to go to all the MFG and DIST and get my FFLs out so I can order. I had a resellers cert from Olympic Arms, but I need to contact them again and get my data updated.

Oh, and if folks are ordering from wherever like Gunbroker or GunsAmerica, I believe I said I do transfers for $20.