Thread: OREGON LEGISLATURE BEING LOBBIED BY GUN GRABBERS

Post imported post

Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) just released an "alert" to warn pro carry folks about the legislature CURRENTLY, RIGHT NOW, being lobbied and discussing placing new limtits on firearms carry that will affect several groups of people but mostly CHL holders who carry on "public buildings".

Sounds like the current discussions are aimed at schools and colleges but we all know that once they start talking about restricting rights the list of what or where always seems to grow.

Currently, students in college who have a CHL can carry concealed lawfully. While not smart (but legal) they could also carry openly. What's under consideration is removing that ability.

I'm a current college student with a CHL and I can tell you, there is NO SECURITY on campus...but the police are just a phone call (and how long) away.

Please go to the OFF site and read the alert then contact your representatives.

You can read the alert here: http://oregonfirearms.org/alertspage...9%20alert.html

Thanks,

"The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

I've posted similar alerts on

USA Carry
    Defensive Carry
    Oregon Concealed Carry

I'm writing to Prozanski and I suggest everyone else do the same. OFF has a form letter than can be printed, signed, and mailed to him.

His address, phone number, and email are on the alert.

Post imported post

I've written to Sen Atkinson. I received a reply which indicated to me that he was unaware of the anti-gun activities because it stated that the session had only been to create the session. I just sent a follow up with details of what OFF is reporting and asked him to check into that.

I also wrote to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) as they are in the forefront of legalizing concealed carry on campus nationwide.

"Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Is one address better to send to than another? I almost feel a letter that is signed with real ink might stand out more than email...

Post imported post

For Sen Atkinson the e-mail seemed to work quite well. I've messaged in the past and gotten a timely reply as well.

I would suppose that it depends on teh representative you're contacting. Also, if they have an active office in your area going to the office is best. Have a written letter to hand deliver if youcan't speak to someone in the higher echelons. Someone just manning the phone/office may or may not get the message you want delivered to the representative and the close aides may or may not be available, particularly with a walk in.

You can always phone them and say you'd like to speak to someone about the issue, at the office or over the phone.

My experience has been mixed with phone calls. It usually depends on where the particular politician stands compared to your standing. In other words, if they're pro gun rights phone calls, e-mails, and letters are fine. If they're anti gun rights, you make a greater impression with an in person vision and next best with a phone call. They really don't want to have to explain themselves to you face to face and with written communications they don't have to.
    Beretta92FSLady