• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Call from Cantor's Office

streetdoc

imported post

I received an interesting call wanting to know if I was going to attending the Round-Up at Innsbrook that is being sponsored by Congressman Cantor. In no uncertain terms I let them know that no I would not be attending the Round-Up because I would be very busy attending the Protest outside of the Round-up since they want to keep infringing on our rights to carry firearms. It has been pointed out to them for several years that there are other places that they could hold the Round-Up that would allow for those gun owners that always carry there firearms to attend but they always want to exclude us. For several years it has been pointed out where they could hold the Round-Up where we could still carry our firearms but they still wont change the location to include us. I reminded the the caller that we have gotten better firearm laws passed when the Democrats have been in control than the Republicans and that if Cantor wants our support he had better stop excluding us!

In no uncertain terms, if they want us they better include us!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

streetdoc wrote:
I received an interesting call wanting to know if I was going to attending the Round-Up at Innsbrook that is being sponsored by Congressman Cantor. In no uncertain terms I let them know that no I would not be attending the Round-Up because I would be very busy attending the Protest outside of the Round-up since they want to keep infringing on our rights to carry firearms. It has been pointed out to them for several years that there are other places that they could hold the Round-Up that would allow for those gun owners that always carry there firearms to attend but they always want to exclude us. For several years it has been pointed out where they could hold the Round-Up where we could still carry our firearms but they still wont change the location to include us. I reminded the the caller that we have gotten better firearm laws passed when the Democrats have been in control than the Republicans and that if Cantor wants our support he had better stop excluding us!

Good for you!
29141_0_l.jpg

vt357

imported post

I just got the same phone call - told them the same thing. The lady didn't sound too excited to hear what I said. :lol:

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

streetdoc wrote:

And the response was....?

IanB

imported post

"No, I'm sorry, you have placed priority on drunkenness over safety and freedom. I'll be with the real Americans outside, I'm sure you'll see us on the way in. Can you please ask your drunk guests to drive carefully and not hit any of us on the way home?"

vt357

imported post

pourshot wrote:
streetdoc wrote:

All she said to me was "Thank you have a good day. This call was paid for by Eric Cantor." She didn't sound happy to say it either.

streetdoc

imported post

vt357 wrote:
pourshot wrote:
All she said to me was "Thank you have a good day. This call was paid for by Eric Cantor." She didn't sound happy to say it either.
Same for me, imagine that. It would be interesting to know how many people that they have called and the responses they have received. I really hope they are getting the idea of what is happening andI am sure that it is going to hit home real soon!

KBCraig

imported post

LOL @ Ed...

I went to that page, and was shocked that I have two FB friends in common with Cantor. Then I scrolled to see that they're both hard-core, gung-ho, oooh-rah GOP cheerleaders. Neither one lives in Virginia.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is everyone aware that the Republican Roundup is focused on raising money for Rep. Cantor?

It might be worth the effort to contact his office/campaign and discuss the reasons for the VCDL Freedom Rally.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31805.html

I have a feeling that grass roots may sprout, if enough of them are applied.

stay safe.

skidmark

KBCraig

imported post

pourshot wrote:
I cannot write on his wall unless I am his friend and I really do not want to be his friend.
By looking over the posts on his Wall, it's obvious a lot of his "friends" don't feel very friendly toward him!

streetdoc

imported post

Got a new e-mail from Cantor's Office

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Dear Friend, [/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

The 7th District Republican Round-Up is coming up on Saturday, October 17th!

You and your family are invited to join me and my family at the Innsbrook Pavilion on the 17th from 3pm to 6pm. There will be free barbecue, children's activities including moon bounces, a climbing wall, live music and much more.

Please let me know if you plan on attending this free and fun filled family event by clicking here to RSVP online right now

We hope to you see you Saturday, October 17th!
[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]My reply back is:

Sorry I wont be able to attend, I will be at the VCDL Freedom Rally outside your Round-up sinceyou areexcluding us gun owners. It has been pointed out that you can hold your event at other locations that will not exclude us but you chose not to use them. My support for the Republican is in no way guaranteed!

David Gilmore
Unionville, VA

[/font]

fully_armed_biker

imported post

I went to EricCantor.com...Cantor's reelection site and found a petition to "Save the Second Amendment." I left this comment....

[*]<FONT SIZE="1">Dennis Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
October 6th, 2009 at 10:21 am
Edit: I wanted to make sure the text is preserved in case the post on Cantor's site is deleted:

If it weren’t so pathetic, it would almost be funny how on your site you are touting a petition to save the second amendment; yet, continue to alienate a significant portion of your base…gun carrying, law abiding citizens. Be on notice Mr Cantor, our support is quickly fading.