• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

C.P.L. Fund

Bronson

imported post

How about this ...I'm just brainstorming here so bear with me.

Say MOC sets up a fund to help people with their CPL fees. For round numbers let's a qualifying MOC member can get $100 from the fund. So for $300 MOC helps 3 people.

Or, what if MOC pays the $300 to send someone through the CPL instructor course and that person agrees to give the class for free (with the exception of any materials cost) to any MOC member FOREVER. Now for the same $300 MOC has helped many people.

I, for one, am very interested in becoming a CPL instructor but can't scrape up the $300 right now.

Just a thought that popped into my head.

Carry on.

Bronson

cabman1

imported post

I am becoming a ffl dealer and was looking into becoming an cpl instructor also but like you said 300.00 is a little more then I can scrap up so maybe you have a good idea!!So how about a fund to make me and bronson cpl instructors and we will give the cpl class to moc members for free for life o(other then the supply cost)

qqq1

imported post

Sounds like a great idea to me, Bronson and Cabman1. I'd certainly donate some cash for your training both to get my own cpl and to help others in the future. Just hope one of you would be doing a class in the saginaw area.

UCWT

imported post

Awesome!!!

I'm to proud to beg but if I won the cpl lotto!! :celebrate

It would be a very generous thing for MOC or any individual to do for fellow members to further the range of where they could go to educate others on the practice of open carry.

Being a non-cpl open carry other than walks,bike rides and hiking it is in my view a hassle because of the "red tape" of places I can't go and the way it has to be done to not be unlawful.

My .02

G

imported post

Bronson wrote:
How about this ...I'm just brainstorming here so bear with me.

Say MOC sets up a fund to help people with their CPL fees. For round numbers let's a qualifying MOC member can get $100 from the fund. So for $300 MOC helps 3 people.

Or, what if MOC pays the $300 to send someone through the CPL instructor course and that person agrees to give the class for free (with the exception of any materials cost) to any MOC member FOREVER. Now for the same $300 MOC has helped many people.

I, for one, am very interested in becoming a CPL instructor but can't scrape up the $300 right now.

Just a thought that popped into my head.

Carry on.

Bronson
I think you've come up with one helluva great idea.

Let me throw out a couple of ideas...

Regional Instructors to avoid too many from one area. Like in an exclusive territory. Higher populated areas of course would have more than remote areas.
Free classes to members of MOC in current standing.

Also, since bronson came up with this brilliant idea, I would like to make the first donation, of fifty bucks, on his behalf. PM me contact/payment info.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

OK, the instructor part is taken care of, but what about the LEO and Attorney part of the class? Won't you have to pay for them also? Or maybe you can find people to do those parts pro bono I told both my kids that when they wanted to take the CPL class, that I would pay for it. If they can take the class for free, I'd put in like amounts for this fund as it would benefit many more folks for the cost of educating just my two children. If they could find a class that wouldn't cause a hardship for travel(one is Houghton Co. and the other is presently in Oscoda Co.) So my question is, is there some one in these areas that would be willing to train and become a certified instructor?springerdave.

jeremy05

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
bad idea.
It is a "bad idea" because...???

Just my opnion. Im not giving away my money so someone can get a free CPL. I find it hard to find a situation where someone can't afford a CPL themselves. Just seems lazy.

So they can Afford a Gun, holster, ammo, hopefully training, a decent belt ( optional ). But people from here have to donate their hard earned cash? Well Not from me.

How are you going to pick who gets the money? A Lotto? Whomever makes the biggest sob story?

Hey Lets start a AMMO fund while we are at it!

Is'nt this a OC forum anyways?

G

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
bad idea.

Just my opnion. Im not giving away my money so someone can get a free CPL. Then don't. I find it hard to find a situation where someone can't afford a CPL themselves. Rather elitist. Just seems lazy. Easy to say when you're bellied up to the government trough.

So they can Afford a Gun, holster, ammo, hopefully training, a decent belt ( optional ). But people from here have to donate their hard earned cash? Only those with a desire. Well Not from me. That's fine.

How are you going to pick who gets the money? A Lotto? Whomever makes the biggest sob story?

Is'nt this a OC forum anyways? Yes, it is. However, a CPL in Michigan facilitates OC by removing restrictions on the possession and transport of a pistol.

jeremy05

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
bad idea.

Just my opnion. Im not giving away my money so someone can get a free CPL. Then don't. I find it hard to find a situation where someone can't afford a CPL themselves. Rather elitist. Just seems lazy. Easy to say when you're bellied up to the government trough.

So they can Afford a Gun, holster, ammo, hopefully training, a decent belt ( optional ). But people from here have to donate their hard earned cash? Only those with a desire. Well Not from me. That's fine.

Is'nt this a OC forum anyways? Yes, it is a forum for the exchange of information and ideas.

Then don't.I'm not

Rather elitist.I don't think so.

Easy to say when you're bellied up to the government trough. not a nice way to say it! I worked my ass off for my job.

Only those with a desire.Its their choice

How are you going to pick who gets the money? A Lotto? Whomever makes the biggest sob story? How would you recommend doing this? Biggest Post count? Whom ever is best friends with the money holder?

Hey Lets start a AMMO fund while we are at it! No Response?

Is'nt this a OC forum anyways? Yes, it is a forum for the exchange of information and ideas.