• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWINE FLU

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Milbars wrote:
The military makes flu shots mandatory every year and, like death and taxes, every year people get sick with the flu after getting the shot. This year is no exception. Unfortunately I won't have a choice in passing on this one if they decide it's "good for me".

Those same people who you claim get sick with the flu do not have the presence of the influenza laboratory verified. Influenza vaccines do not protect against every respiratory infection out there which can cause fever, chills, body aches, malaise, etc....:cool:

This goes for those who claim to get sick for days each time they get a flu vaccine. There is absolutely zero clinical evidence to support flu infection after getting a flu injection. The reaction some people get is due to their immune system response to the inactive vaccine. It is not an effect of an actual virus and does not have the more serious symptims and complications as if you were to actually be infected by the influenza virus. A few little aches and pains is nothing compared to the flu. Every time some peopleget a case of the sniffles, and do not feel 100%, they blame it on "the flu". :lol:

david.ross

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can't get sick with meaningless virus's and I haven't gotten the flu in a decade.
You can be sick and not symptomatic. In such a case, you'd be a carrier.

wrightme

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Milbars wrote:
The military makes flu shots mandatory every year and, like death and taxes, every year people get sick with the flu after getting the shot. This year is no exception. Unfortunately I won't have a choice in passing on this one if they decide it's "good for me".

Those same people who you claim get sick with the flu do not have the presence of the influenza laboratory verified. Influenza vaccines do not protect against every respiratory infection out there which can cause fever, chills, body aches, malaise, etc....:cool:

This goes for those who claim to get sick for days each time they get a flu vaccine. There is absolutely zero clinical evidence to support flu infection after getting a flu injection. The reaction some people get is due to their immune system response to the inactive vaccine. It is not an effect of an actual virus and does not have the more serious symptims and complications as if you were to actually be infected by the influenza virus. A few little aches and pains is nothing compared to the flu. Every time some peopleget a case of the sniffles, and do not feel 100%, they blame it on "the flu". :lol:

EXACTLY.

I have to laugh every time someone says they got the flu from a vaccine. :quirky

Of course, my "ex" still repeats the ole "son, wear a coat, you will catch a cold!" idiocy her mom used to tell her. Explaining it to her is futile.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Knight,
You are aware of people who suffer from vaccinosis, right?
No, I am not. Pleaseprovide a clinical study referencein the medical community referring to autoimmune disease that is caused by vaccinations and them referring to this condition as "vaccinosis".

david.ross

imported post

wrightme wrote:
Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Milbars wrote:

EXACTLY.

I have to laugh every time someone says they got the flu from a vaccine. :quirky

Of course, my "ex" still repeats the ole "son, wear a coat, you will catch a cold!" idiocy her mom used to tell her. Explaining it to her is futile.

There is a big difference in what people think and what really happens. Human and non-human animals, always have a chance of having an autoimmune reaction to a vaccine. This type of reaction is valid and generally low in occurrence depending on the vaccine.

Some people think they "got the flu" from the flu vaccine because they experience chills, body tremors, digestion track issues, etc... Typically this is a normal autoimmune reaction IF the person does have a reaction.

If you want to talk about other vaccines, like the HPV vaccine, there have been autoimmune reactions up to the fact someone died from it.

Autoimmune reactions is nothing to laugh about when talking about vaccines. Understanding oneself is not rocket science. Unless there is a batch which was bad, if a person gets sick("feels ill") from a flu shot year after year, don't get the shot then!

darthmord

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Autoimmune reactions is nothing to laugh about when talking about vaccines. Understanding oneself is not rocket science. Unless there is a batch which was bad, if a person gets sick("feels ill") from a flu shot year after year, don't get the shot then!

I'm one of those who actually had it documented that I became sick with the typical round of flu symptoms 24-48 hours after getting the flu shot and would have to be put SIQ (a couple rounds of it due to regs on SIQ).

When I asked about reactions to the shot, I was informed by a Navy doctor that it didn't matter. I would have to get the shot every year ANYWAYS unless I was allergic to chickens.

So I purposefully skipped the shots. I stopped getting sick. Yes I am aware that coorelation != causation. Something happening once or twice might be coincidence. When it happens EVERY time I get the shot, there's something going on.

CoonDog

imported post

source: http://www.childhoodshots.com/uploads/SwineFLuVaccineFactSheet.pdf

H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Facts to Consider

In order to make informed vaccine decisions, you must know what the
ingredients are in the vaccine. There are no long-term safety studies done
on any vaccines, including the flu vaccines. This new flu vaccine will be
released without adequate safety studies.

Common Flu Vaccine Ingredients include:

1) Egg protein, many are allergic to eggs

2) Formaldehyde- Formalyn (formalin) is a 37 percent solution of
gaseous formaldehyde which includes methanol. (Used in vaccines
as a tissue fixative) Formaldehyde solution (formalin) is considered a
hazardous compound and it is vapor toxic.

3) Polysorbate 80 shown to cause infertility in mice

4) Sodium Chloride and Calcium Chloride

5) Monosodium Glutamate (MSG):C5H8NNaO4, a Stabilizer MSG -
MSG intolerance: There have been numerous studies of allergies
and/or sensitivities to MSG, attributed to the free glutamic acid
component, which has been blamed for causing a wide variety of
physical symptoms such as migraines, nausea, digestive upsets,
drowsiness, heart palpitation, hair loss, asthma, anaphylactic shock,
rapidly increasing diabetes, and many other complaints.

6) Potassium phosphate- a soluble salt which is used as a fertilizer, a
food additive and a fungicide. It is a source of phosphorus and
potassium. It is also a buffering agent.

7) Thimerosal- a form of mercury still found in some multi-vile vaccines.

8) Polyoxidonium- Synthetic polymers and nanomaterials display
selective phenotypic effects in cells and in the body that affect signal
transduction mechanisms involved in inflammation, differentiation,
proliferation, and apoptosis. When physically mixed or covalently
conjugated with cytotoxic agents, bacterial DNA or antigens,
polymers can drastically alter specific genetically controlled
responses to these agents.

9) Squalene- An oil based adjuvant that has never been approved in the
US as safe, can cause blindness, autoimmune dysfunction and can
inhibit sperm production. More than two dozen peer-reviewed
scientific papers from ten different laboratories throughout the U.S.,
Europe, Asia, and Australia have been published documenting the
development of autoimmune disease in animals subjected to
squalene-based adjuvants. Novartis will make a flu vaccine using
MF59 consisting of Squalene, Tween 80 - A recent study (December
2005) discovered that Tween80 can cause anaphylaxis, a sometimes
fatal reaction characterized by a sharp drop in blood pressure, hives,
and breathing difficulties.

10) Span85 another oil

11) Human Diploid Tissue- organ and tissue from aborted baby tissue is
now used in manufacturing many vaccines.

Vaccines given in the past have contained H1N1 viruses; this is not a
new virus. (novaccine.com)

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
In order to make informed vaccine decisions, you must know what the
ingredients are in the vaccine. There are no long-term safety studies done
on any vaccines, including the flu vaccines. This new flu vaccine will be
released without adequate safety studies.

Trace amounts of substances are not the same as large amounts fed to laboratory animals. The CDC and the FDA collect data and review it yearly in relation to side effects reported from vaccines.

There is simply zero clinical evidence to suggest a direct causal relationshipbetween autism and vaccinations. There are hyper sensitive people who react to eggs and other ingredients. There are hyper sensitive people who react to other vaccinations also. These are a very small minority and their existence is not sufficient reason for someone to not protect their children against many preventable diseases by refusing all vaccinations.

We are only talking trace amounts of mercury when you speak of thimerosal. It is not the same as drinking mercury from a thermometer. Dentists and dental assistants are exposed to far more mercury than anyone could ever be from multiple vaccines. Mercury only has a half life in your blood of 3-4 days and in your tissue for 90 days.

virginiatuck

imported post

This is way OT, but I'll bite before the thread gets locked. :)

For the sake of argument, let's say that the vaccine really does prevent the full-blown flu illness. And for the sake of argument, let's say that there are some chemicals in the vaccine that present some risk of side-effects.

If, by having a weak immune system for some reason, you could die from the flu, then the benefit of not dying from the flu probably outweighs the risk of any side effects that you may experience from the vaccine.

If you would not risk death by flu infection, because you're normal, then why would you want to risk even minor side-effects from the vaccine *and* take a limited-quantity vaccine away from someone else who might actually be at serious risk of dying from the flu?

If you're a normal, healthy person and you get the flu, even though it's not very comfortable, you get to stay home from work or school for a few days watching TV and posting to OCDO like I am right now.

So I don't get flu vaccinations; I'd rather leave the dose for someone else who really needs it to stay alive.

david.ross

imported post

Virginiatuck,
Having an autoimmune reaction to a vaccine doesn't mean the person has a weak immune system. Such a reaction is like people who are allergic to peanuts. There is more in vaccines then *just* a dead virus/or other form of vaccine type.

Common in humans and animals, is developing a hard small pocket under the skin, which some of you may be familiar with in regards to receiving a vaccine. Such a reaction is autoimmune, and doesn't *have* to be a reaction where you feel sick.

virginiatuck

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Virginiatuck,
Having an autoimmune reaction to a vaccine doesn't mean the person has a weak immune system. Such a reaction is like people who are allergic to peanuts. There is more in vaccines then *just* a dead virus/or other form of vaccine type.

Common in humans and animals, is developing a hard small pocket under the skin, which some of you may be familiar with in regards to receiving a vaccine. Such a reaction is autoimmune, and doesn't *have* to be a reaction where you feel sick.
Did I say that autoimmune reactions to a vaccine meant a person has a weak immune system? Which of my words conveyed that to you?

I said, in short, that if you could die from the flu then it's probably worth getting the vaccine; if you won't die from the flu then it's probably best if you don't get the vaccine.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anyone else notice that the seasonal flu shots are being offered by just about every possible place?

Walgreens has them for $25.

One group of clinics in my area is offering the shots for $17.

You really thinkthat ifthe seasonal flu shot had any significant risk to it that the insurance costs alone would not be more than $17 per shot?

Flu shots CANNOT give you the flu. They are of the killed virus variety. Some people do experience an allergicreaction to them, just as they can be allergic to peanuts, wheat, dairy, or pollen. If you are one of the very few that are allergic to the flu shots, don't take them.

Personally,I have never taken a flu shot, so I do not know if I am allergic or not.

OTOH, I read recently that the swine flu vaccine that will be available first will be of the nasal spray variety. It uses weakened virus technology so there is a very small chance of actually getting the swine flu from the vaccine if that is the case.Worse though is that it is only supposedly 40% effective.

Caution - I am not an expert in this field so Ido not know how much of the last paragraph is true.

marine77

imported post

I haven't gotten a shot since i went to Saudi. I think it was about a dozen shots for

all them exotic diseases, talk about sore afterwards. Haven't had one (shot) since.

Have had colds, but very little, i thank god about that everyday. But i am getting

older and one day it'll probably hit me good. But untill then i don't think i'm going to

get one.