• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Audio from inadvertent Canadian border crossing

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Audio: http://motorhomediaries.com/captured-audio/

I don't need no [stinking] permit, I open carry!:celebrate

Some of Canada's finest! One reads a GSL bumper sticker as "Guns Kill People.:banghead: A female agent talks about grabbing their balls when she frisked them.:what: Another (must be a blonde) ponders out loud "If you were a gun where would you be?"

And of course their rights get trampled on the return entry into the U.S.

Detailed log of the encounter: http://motorhomediaries.com/ohhhh-canada-not-again/

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

At the very end of the audio, they say they were detained for another two hours by the U.S. Border Patrol and were told their Fourth Amendment rights do not apply there.

Unfortunately, I have been told that's true. I have a friend who has been working under contract for the Border Patrol for several years now and he told me a few months ago that the Border Patrol does not need a search warrant within 50 miles of a U.S. border. Think about that for a moment.

Borders are not only those dividing lines between us and Canada or Mexico, they are also coastal areas as well. That means there are one hell of a lot of people who are subject to warrantless searches by a potentially rouge agency and no Constitutional protections can apply.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
At the very end of the audio, they say they were detained for another two hours by the U.S. Border Patrol and were told their Fourth Amendment rights do not apply there.

Unfortunately, I have been told that's true. I have a friend who has been working under contract for the Border Patrol for several years now and he told me a few months ago that the Border Patrol does not need a search warrant within 50 miles of a U.S. border. Think about that for a moment.

Borders are not only those dividing lines between us and Canada or Mexico, they are also coastal areas as well. That means there are one hell of a lot of people who are subject to warrantless searches by a potentially rouge agency and no Constitutional protections can apply.
I've been doing some checking online and have found this to be true. It amazes me that they would hassle American citizens like this; yet, Muslims or those of Arab decent wouldn't get this kind of treatment because God forbid they be accused ofPROFILING.:banghead:Sounds like it's time to start a letter writing campaign.:cuss:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

I've been doing some checking online and have found this to be true. It amazes me that they would hassle American citizens like this; yet, Muslims or those of Arab decent wouldn't get this kind of treatment because God forbid they be accused ofPROFILING.:banghead:Sounds like it's time to start a letter writing campaign.:cuss:

THAT, my Friends in the Tidewater, Virginiaarea includes US.... We're ALL within 50 miles of the COAST. Maybe its a good thing CBP is busy enough on the northern and southern coasts to mess with us on the East and Left Coasts...

Scary thoughts, eh?

msc

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

It's actually 100 miles. The ACLU calls this the "Constitution Free Zone."

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/areyoulivinginaconstitutionfreezone.html

WheelGun

imported post

Two summers ago I was in Maine with my family, and none of us had seen a US/Canada border crossing up close before. We decided to take a closer look.

As we saw the Canadian entry checkpoint up ahead, I realized that I had accidentally passed the unmanned side (leaving the country) of the US checkpoint. I suppose we were in the so called 'no man's land' between the US/Canadian checkpoints.

I turned the car around directly behind the US booth, and explained to the Officer manning the US checkpiont what had happened. We had never entered Canada and it was a mistake that we were here 'returning' to the US.

I also told him without hesitation that I was carrying a loaded handgun openly on my hip, and that it was licensed in Maine.

He hesitated for a moment, called his partner over, hesitated some more, asked to see my driver's license.

Since my Pit Bull was going nuts at all this, he and I could barely hear each other. I offered to close my car windows and step out of the car so we could understand each other more clearly.

He had no problem with that, I got out of the car with my sidearm in plain view.

While I was standing outside the car, and he was holding my license, he asked about what I was carrying. I answered that I was armed with a loaded handgun openly carried for protection and no other reason or excuse.

I informed him again that I was licensed in Maine and that carrying for protection was entirely legal.

He gave me back my driver's license. He said I could get back in the car if I wanted to.

He hesitated for a few more seconds.

He waved us through with no further conversation.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

THAT, my Friends in the Tidewater, Virginiaarea includes US.... We're ALL within 50 miles of the COAST. Maybe its a good thing CBP is busy enough on the northern and southern coasts to mess with us on the East and Left Coasts...

Scary thoughts, eh?

msc
I guess that explains why so many ilegals are getting through...too busy harrassing US Citizens...some of our incompetent federal government's finest work :cuss:!!!

NoVA York

imported post

Reminds me of a time when I was flying from London, back home to New York.

As I was going through customs in JFK airport, I asked an agent about the fact that my passport was never stamped. The agent pointed me to another agent. When I asked him, he replied: "Is that your bag?" I responded: "Yes." He told me to place the bag on table, where he was standing in front of and proceeded to dig into every nook and cranny of my luggage, then told me: "You can go."

I never received an answer, but learned never to ask any questions.

Riana

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

Holy cats... does that mean the Fourth Amendment does not apply to the State of Rhode Island? Isn't most (if not all) of that state within 50 miles of ocean? And what about Hawaii? It doesn't apply there, either?

There's two places off my "places to visit before TEOTWAWKI"...

Milbars

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

Scary thoughts, eh?

msc
That's what I'm saying! Looks like I'll have to move out to peter nap country! :celebrate

2a4all

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

Most of the US population lives within this "border zone". If this majority is subject to warrantless(no PC required) searches by a federal agency (BP), is this not an implementation of the tyrannical actions so feared and despised by the Founders?

It would seem that gun resgistration for confiscation purposes is entirely unneccesary. The BP needs only to seek and discover.

The Brady Bunch need only protect the BP's constitutionally exempt status to achieve their ends.

How are we to protect ourselves?

bullseye

Campaign Veteran