Thread: OC in banks?

Post imported post

I have been a regular reader on this site for several months and it has given me the courage/knowledge to OC. I have been OCing all over Nampa with no problems to date. However I went to the bank today and CCed because I was worried that if I OCed LEO would be called and there would be a scene.

I am well known in my bank and have significant deposites there but am still reluctant to OC in the bank.

Anyone have any sucess stories with OCIng in banks?

Post imported post

There are several incidents mentionedin the OC-friendly section.

I was in Wells-Fargo on Fairview near Cole today, nothing was said.

I have open-carried several times into WF bank branches up on 55 in Eagle, on Main (Meridian) and at Main/Meridian& Fairview - never a word said.

As long as you maintain a calm demeanor and keep your hand off your gun there's no reason for anyone to panic.

Post imported post

Thanks Wells Fargo is the bank I use as well.

Post imported post

Thanks Wells Fargo is the bank I use as well.

Post imported post

It is perfectly legal in The Gem State to open carry into Banks, however; the Bank can ask you to leave it they do not approve of it.

Quite frankly, with the exception of Elementary and Secondary Schools, open carry is perfectly legal throughout all of Idaho.

I used to open carry a Pistol in my Bank, and even a Rifle on one occasion, andwas never asked to leave or step out.

However,a family member of mine uses a different Bank, and once before I openly carried in there and was asked to leave... I guess it just dependson the Bank.

Horizon CU is not OC carry friendly

and according to my banker at US bank he thinks that carrying into banks is not allowed at all.

i tried to convince him otherwise but would not lesson.

I might be transferring to wellsfargo

I open carry in several Wells Fargo banks around Meridian and west Boise on a weekly basis with no problems at all.

i have carried into a few banks here in nampa, no problems, questions, but no problems... to date its mountain west, home federal, bank of america.

I carry at Home Federal (on Eagle Road), BoA (on Fairview), Wells-Fargo (several locations) and US Bank (Albertson's at Cherry and 10th) without problems.

Also, the Wells-Fargo in Caldwell was fine with me but JohnW had some problems up there.
    Last edited by ecocks; 09-04-2010 at 06:27 PM.