• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in banks?

4liberty

imported post

I have been a regular reader on this site for several months and it has given me the courage/knowledge to OC. I have been OCing all over Nampa with no problems to date. However I went to the bank today and CCed because I was worried that if I OCed LEO would be called and there would be a scene.

I am well known in my bank and have significant deposites there but am still reluctant to OC in the bank.

Anyone have any sucess stories with OCIng in banks?

ecocks

imported post

There are several incidents mentionedin the OC-friendly section.

I was in Wells-Fargo on Fairview near Cole today, nothing was said.

I have open-carried several times into WF bank branches up on 55 in Eagle, on Main (Meridian) and at Main/Meridian& Fairview - never a word said.

As long as you maintain a calm demeanor and keep your hand off your gun there's no reason for anyone to panic.

aadvark

imported post

It is perfectly legal in The Gem State to open carry into Banks, however; the Bank can ask you to leave it they do not approve of it.

Quite frankly, with the exception of Elementary and Secondary Schools, open carry is perfectly legal throughout all of Idaho.

I used to open carry a Pistol in my Bank, and even a Rifle on one occasion, andwas never asked to leave or step out.

However,a family member of mine uses a different Bank, and once before I openly carried in there and was asked to leave... I guess it just dependson the Bank.

cdub

Horizon CU is not OC carry friendly

and according to my banker at US bank he thinks that carrying into banks is not allowed at all.

i tried to convince him otherwise but would not lesson.

I might be transferring to wellsfargo

ecocks

I carry at Home Federal (on Eagle Road), BoA (on Fairview), Wells-Fargo (several locations) and US Bank (Albertson's at Cherry and 10th) without problems.

Also, the Wells-Fargo in Caldwell was fine with me but JohnW had some problems up there.

Last edited: