• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LCP

metalman383

imported post

Had mine for about a month. I love it! It shoots a whole lot better than I expected it too. Very easy to conciel when the big guns are not an option. A week after I bought mine, my dad went out and picked one up. Paid $320 for ours.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

metalman383 wrote:
Had mine for about a month. I love it! It shoots a whole lot better than I expected it too. Very easy to conciel when the big guns are not an option. A week after I bought mine, my dad went out and picked one up. Paid $320 for ours.

Have you considered the Crimson Trace laser for it?

I'm afraid I'm heading toward getting an LCP. I bought some .380 ammo at a garage sale last weekend. And don't own a .380.

Is buying ammo of a caliber you don't own a gun for yet, uhm, revealing?
39.gif

smash29

imported post

HankT wrote:
39.gif
I do it somewhat regularly. I'm fortunate enough to within driving distance of Georgia Arms and every time I go out there I have to talk myself out of picking up packs of random caliber ammo and stick to what I already own. It's a hard sell though, having 50 rounds of .44 Mag, .357 Sig, or .45LC isall the justification for purchasing a gun I know I'll eventually buy anyway...

Dreamer

imported post

I don't like polymer frame pistols. They are too easy for "the powers that be" to render inoperative:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/11/anton_wylie_phages/

http://blogs.discovery.com/news_sustainable/2008/09/more-adventures.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon-eating_bacteria

I mean, if a 16-year old kid in Canada can culture super-effective plastic-eating bacteria for a science project, just imagine what the Military-Industrial complex could do, with it's bio-warfare labs and fleets of tanker planes.

Is this a new idea? Heck no. Michael Chrichton wrote a novel called "The Andromeda Strain" in 1969 about exactly such a thing, and how, when unleashed on the world, it caused mas destruction and widespread mayhem. Although in his novel, the strain came from outer space on a meteor, and was naturally-occuring, not genetically engineered.

If someone was writing fiction about it in 1969, you'd better believe that in 2009--40 years later, it has been engineered, cultured, weaponized, stockpiled and is ready for tactical deployment at the word "go".

Nope. I'll GLADLY lug around the weight of my all-metal pistols, thank you...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow.

I guess all of us who have wooden furniture are REALLY screwed, what with fungus, mold, fire, etc...

Do you think there are any zombie spores that you inhale into your sinuses and they migrate to your brain and eat it?

mmmm...... brains......

midnight61

imported post

smash29 wrote:
HankT wrote:
39.gif
I do it somewhat regularly. I'm fortunate enough to within driving distance of Georgia Arms and every time I go out there I have to talk myself out of picking up packs of random caliber ammo and stick to what I already own. It's a hard sell though, having 50 rounds of .44 Mag, .357 Sig, or .45LC isall the justification for purchasing a gun I know I'll eventually buy anyway...
I put the Crimson Trace laser on my and I'm very happy with it as a total package now. Although it was originally a BUG, it has become a constant with me especially during the past summer months when it was the only thing I could carry due to clothing limitations.
...I too have been purchasing ammo for a future sidearm caliber I have yet to own. I figure it will make that purchase easier since I'll already have the ammo to break it in and then some. There's usually at least $100 in ammo right there.