• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More fun!

M

McX

imported post

"Not too America there" alarm is going off yet again! I may have to shut it off soon, as I walk around the states sites on here, it keeps going off! Some places it never goes off.

Gordie

imported post

McX wrote:
"Not too America there" alarm is going off yet again! I may have to shut it off soon, as I walk around the states sites on here, it keeps going off! Some places it never goes off.
I guess Wisconsin must be the very heart of liberty and freedom?;)

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ixtow wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Video tape?
They just take it. If I had the money back I've lost on cameras and audio recorders, etc, I could buy land... I don't bother anymore, it's just lost money. Hence my hardcore promotion, suggestion, and eventual decision to make my own recording service for cell phones. I've learned only too well how useless a device is that retains the evidence in itself. They may take and destroy my phone, but my recording will be safe on a server in another country.
www.qik.com

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
ixtow wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Video tape?
They just take it. If I had the money back I've lost on cameras and audio recorders, etc, I could buy land... I don't bother anymore, it's just lost money. Hence my hardcore promotion, suggestion, and eventual decision to make my own recording service for cell phones. I've learned only too well how useless a device is that retains the evidence in itself. They may take and destroy my phone, but my recording will be safe on a server in another country.
http://www.qik.com
Don't you have to FINISH recording, then upload it? A cool idea, but it would seem that your recording device would be rolling in any encounter it would be taken during...

markand

imported post

Have you tried to find local or national reporters who might be interested in corrupt cops, evidence planting, citizen harassment, etc.? They might like a story like that. A reverse sting kind of thing. That much attention might get DEA or FBI interested. Can't hurt to try.

Daddyo

imported post

Well, it's good to know that the plot of a novel I'm working on isn't so far fetched after all.
I had put it on the back burner because I thought it was too campy. Guess not.