• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Making a positive change

David.Car

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
David.Car,

Excellent idea! You made reference to cards with legal information and pamphlets. Could you be more specific? I would like to follow suit and provide the same support for interested members of the public. I will start sending people to this site now that I've found it. I still like the idea of public gatherings... Not to flaunt, rather to educate!

Thanks for your post!

Commodore

You can find a couple versions of the pamphlet here in this forum. The cards I went and did on my own... I haven't really seen anyone else do it yet, but I have given a bunch out to some local OCers here in Spokane as well as dropped them off for the gun show booth that was put on.

I designed them and ordered around 500 or so to split between me and one other guy. I am pretty sure I posted them on here once... This is the front. On the back is a quote from 9.41.270 as well as reference to State VS Casad

OCCardFront.jpg

Edit: After looking at the cards in my wallet the picture above must have been my first draft. My actual cards have the exact same information but the constitution quote is on top, and the other part below.

Commodore76

imported post

David.Car,

I'll check out your other posts for info. Being as I don't like to use someone else's idea more than I have to, I'm going to use your card for a muse to make something similar.

I'm really thrilled to see this kind of movement taking place and am happy to contribute! Thanks for playing your part!

Sincerely,

Commodore

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome aboard, glad to see alot of enthusiasm :) When i joined the site a short time back, i didn't hardly know OC was even legal. Since then, i have learned TONS, and even OC in small bites to get my comfort level increased. I too am very thankful to everyone here for all the good info and positive change.

Glad to have ya.

:cool:Bat

Commodore76

imported post

Bat,

Honestly, I'm just thrilled to have found this sort of group! For many years, I've had family and folks close to me disapprove of the very presence of weapons around them. Even though they knew that I handled them responsibly all of my life and received excellent training on the safe handling. It still drew a negative response. As a result, I have kept a pretty low key as to not make a negative misconception even worse. I didn't want to be "that guy".

Watching the gentleman from New Hampshire at the Health Care speech emboldened me a little and I started thinking that this was something I needed to support. At the rate things are changing around us, it's now or never!

Long story short, I am very excited for any way I might be able to assist with this cause! I'm hoping to get a small group together for the adopt-a-highway in Fife on the 11th of this month.

See ya there?

Commodore