• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

party0003.gif
The time has finally arrived to have SGT Jensen's homecoming party!
party0003.gif

For those unaware, Kevin has been deployed to Iraq for over a year and is finally home!!! The party will take place on Saturday October 10th, starting at 3:00 p.m. and it will go until we all either go home or crash. The location will be in Lehi, at the same home where the going away party was. There should be NO EXCUSE why everybody can't come, because the party will go all night long!
party0018.gif

Bring yourself and a camping chair for the bonfire if its not freezing and snowing. The tradition is to have a pot luck dinner, so if you would like to bring something to share, please feel free. There will also be two barbecues available to cook any meat, and dutch oven pits as well. We will supply all the drinks, condiments, plates, cups, etc. and of course great company and one hell of a time.
character0093.gif

This is a firearm friendly event, so feel free to carry concealed, openly, or not at all if that's your preference. This is also an alcohol friendly event, so bring your favorite drink if you wish. I don't predict that many of you will be drinking, but if you plan to please do so responsibly.
icon_wink.gif

Any questions or for directions send a PM to SGT Jensen or Packingmama.
character0148.gif

rocknsnow

imported post

Say hi to kevin for me. My wife and I would be there but the Army is keep me here in Alabama till about July. Then back to the wonderful state Utah.

bmeldrum

imported post

Sounds like lots of fun, unfortunately not going to be able to make it (family has a wedding & a baptism, lots of parties that day). Send my regards to the SGT: welcome home, thanks for your service!

Off topic: just out of curiosity can anyone explain: how76-10-528applies? I've wondered that about other events I've been too: given that I've been to barbeque's, parties etc where there's been alcohol & I've carried (just haven't drank myself because of religious beliefs) but I've wondered how that code actually works; (I have friends that drink &have permits/they carry(I'm the DD-designated driver)does it matter how much you've drank, doyou have to beintoxicated (blood alcohol level) or just having a drink puts you in jeopardy? could I go to bar if I wanted while carrying (I go with friends to karaoke night) so if I don't drink I'm still fine, or could I be in trouble because I'm carrying & in proximity of alcohol...

a littleexplanation would be helpful :shock:

thx997303

imported post

I would also be there, but for army obligations.

Have fun!

Bmeldrum, note where it says "Under the influence means the same level of influence or blood or breath alcohol concentration as provided in Subsections 41-6a-502(1)(a) through(c)."

Now 41-6a-502(1)(a) through (c) states:

"Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both or with specified or unsafe blood alcoho concentration.
(1) A person may not operate or be in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state if the person:
(a) has sufficient alcohol in the person's body that a subsequent chemical test shows that the person has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of the test;
(b) is under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of alcohol and any drug to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely operating a vehicle; or
(c) has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of operation or actual physical control.

So, same rules as driving.

b1ack5mith

imported post

YEEEEYUH i think our car will be fixed by then too :D

HEY KEVIN! i see your avatar... it looks like youre ready to do some fishing! WELL LETS... well its actually really cold, so were gonna have to wait lol. OOH 2 things...

1. how are your guys sicknesses doing... i feel okay other than the worst sore throat of my life on the RIGHT side of my throat... is this happening to you??

2. im wanting to buy a savage .308 heavy barrel (preferably a police model, they have the really cool barrels on theirs) because ive seen them for sale for like 300-500$ (without a scope though) just thought id mention this cause it pertains to guns hahaha

KBCraig

imported post

thx997303 wrote:

"Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both or with specified or unsafe blood alcoho concentration.
(1) A person may not operate or be in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state if the person:
(a) has sufficient alcohol in the person's body that a subsequent chemical test shows that the person has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of the test;
(b) is under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of alcohol and any drug to a degree that renders the person incapable of safely operating a vehicle; or
(c) has a blood or breath alcohol concentration of .08 grams or greater at the time of operation or actual physical control.
Wow. That definition is scientifically meaningless, and probably unconstitutionally vague.

There's no such thing as a "concentration" of a finite number. Concentrations are ratios. A chemist or doctor would scratch their heads at that definition and ask, "Does that mean 0.08 grams total alcohol in the person's body? Or 0.08 grams alcohol per kilogram of body weight? Or 0.08 grams alcohol per kilogram of blood weight? Per liter of blood by volume?

It is meaningless. I'm surprised it hasn't been challenged, overturned, and corrected.

Sorry for the hijack. Welcome home, Kevin!

rpyne

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

Wow. That definition is scientifically meaningless, and probably unconstitutionally vague.

There's no such thing as a "concentration" of a finite number. Concentrations are ratios. A chemist or doctor would scratch their heads at that definition and ask, "Does that mean 0.08 grams total alcohol in the person's body? Or 0.08 grams alcohol per kilogram of body weight? Or 0.08 grams alcohol per kilogram of blood weight? Per liter of blood by volume?

It is meaningless. I'm surprised it hasn't been challenged, overturned, and corrected.

Sorry for the hijack. Welcome home, Kevin!
Had he quoted the next line of the code, it would have been abundantly clear and clearly defined:

(2) Alcohol concentration in the blood shall be based upon grams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood, and alcohol concentration in the breath shall be based upon grams of alcohol per 210 liters of breath.

thx997303

imported post

Ha. Guess I hadn't read that part.

At the same time, note that according 76-10-528 only (1) a to c apply.

Sloppy wording if you ask me.