• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deadline looms to comment on proposed Seattle ban - Oct 4!!!!

Dave Workman

imported post

Seattle deadline looms for comment on proposed gun ban; press laziness continues

We look at three situations: Mayor Greg "Lame Duck" Nickels' anti-gun campaign, the reporting screw-up on Tacoma's Bull's Eye Shooter Supply story, and the botched reporting regarding the Supreme Court's acceptance of the Chicago gun ban case.

No wonder nobody trusts the press to get it right.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d1-Sunday-deadline-looms-for-comments-on-Nickels-gun-ban-press-laziness-continues

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yatzjxj

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

wow 3 stories they might have made mistakes on, not everyone is perfect.

and maybe you don't trust the news but they get alot right so don't lump at least me in your nobody

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

first it was his I did it crap and now hes speaking for everyone it seems.

that pisses me off speak for yourself. hes no better than the rest of us and that high horse shitpisses me off

Dave Workman

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

that pisses me off speak for yourself. hes no better than the rest of us and that high horse @#$% pisses me off

Rest assured, I would never try to speak for you.

I am a writer, I share these columns with the forum by request, and if you don't care to read them, don't. Others do.

New Daddy

imported post

Dave - I appreciate your posting the columns here. I don't have the time to go looking for them. Sure, you write about some stuff I disagree with - so what? You probably get things wrong from time to time - again, so what? At least you're writing on a topic that interests me and you're putting a positive spin on a subject matter that generally gets a$%raped in the general media.

Contrarian

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

that pisses me off speak for yourself. hes no better than the rest of us and that high horse @#$%pisses me off

So much for rational discourse on the topic...

No one on here has the authority to speak for everyone else...comments on the issue at hand are the property of the group member.

dan10mmman

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

that pisses me off speak for yourself. hes no better than the rest of us and that high horse @#$%pisses me off

Boo Boo.

why are you so negative? Did Dave do something awfull to you personally? Dave is known widely as someone who helps and cares. You are known as a malcontent {SGN}. Why dont you turn your anger on someone more deserving of it. This is a forum: disagreement is acceptable, disrespect is not......

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

nope, but i dont like people who think they speak for everyone. maybe you are is followers but I say waht i say . no one speaks for me. and when he brags how it was he who thinks he got something changed on his own is bullshit.

especially when he brags it was all him. that s aconcieted SOB to me.

he may do some good stuff but I never see him of the foundation help others when they get in a jam but oh they sure dont mind if you give them money

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
nope, but i dont like people who think they speak for everyone. maybe you are is followers but I say waht i say . no one speaks for me. and when he brags how it was he who thinks he got something changed on his own is bull@#$%.

especially when he brags it was all him. that s aconcieted SOB to me.

he may do some good stuff but I never see him of the foundation help others when they get in a jam but oh they sure dont mind if you give them money

Obviously someone is still learning how to "speak for himself."

Good luck with that, because thus far you are failing miserably.