• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Walmart Experience?!

Jero1987

imported post

So at the Wards Road, Lynchburg Wal-mart I have been buying ammo for around 10 months now. I work night shift so I normally go around 3am and have never had an issue. Last Friday I went in to buy some 9mm ammo and I was informed by two managers that I could no longer purchase ammo from 9pm - 7am. They would not look me in the eyes and gave my gun constant :what:. I asked them if I could still purchase the ammo as long as a manager walked it up front. They said no. I was shocked and asked why, they said "Its a new policy, that's all". I left without buying anything and told them that I would be in contact with corporate. I tried to get more details but they would not give me a straight answer.

I called corporate Monday and told them all about it. Surprisingly today around 5:30 they called me back! It was the assistant manager from day shift. He basically said that they were wrong and they could sell it to me as long as they brought it to a register up front. (This was fine seeing that this was the way they have always done it) I asked him if I could get it in writing and he said of course.

Letter (note he said its only good for his specific walmart):

I wish it was in company letterhead, but unless they give me more trouble this will suffice.

He asked a bunch of questions about OC and guns in general. He was very welcoming of law abiding gun owners with or without their CHP. :celebrate

... maybe there is hope after all...... doubt it tho.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Are you going to go back to that Wal-Mart and wave the letter in their faces when they turn you down again? Should be fun.

Nope...just frame one copy and hang it in the department!

Heck, in the Stafford Wally World ammo is self serve.

Jero1987

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Are you going to go back to that Wal-Mart and wave the letter in their faces when they turn you down again? Should be fun.
Heck yes I am! And if they say something I have their number haha. :celebrate

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pourshot wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

I've done this myself in the Stafford 610 WalMart. Grab it off of the shelf, walk it up to the register (sometimes the automotive dept register), pay and leave. Super simple.

Milbars

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
pourshot wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

I've done this myself in the Stafford 610 WalMart. Grab it off of the shelf, walk it up to the register (sometimes the automotive dept register), pay and leave. Super simple.
Exactly how it should be!