• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with gun arrested for inducing panic

DJ_Amish

imported post

Im trying to find out more info on this one...

Code:
http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=67697

The Steubenville man was taken into police custody. Story by Dave Elias
Email | Bio | Other Stories by Dave Elias

STEUBENVILLE--Tense moments at a local Medical Center after a man walks into a doctors office in Steubenville armed with a gun. City Police Chief Bill McCafferty says 66-year old Paul Stead was armed with a .380 caliber handgun when he walked into the building at 141 Brady Circle.
Police later entered through a back door and ordered Stead to the ground where he surrendered. He was arraigned in court and charged with inducing panic.
Stead remains behind bars in the Jefferson County Jail. The incident happened on Wednesday morning.

CoonDog

imported post

Um, I bet real money that if someone were to review the local ordinances, they'd find that "inducing panic" is not a jailable offense. If so, this gentlemen has a cse for wrongful imprisonment as well as unlawful detention and false arrest.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow! In some states an inducing panic charge would be the least of his worries after pulling a stunt like that. Here in VA and in AZ (where I've also lived) I think you'd be looking at a felony assault charge.