Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

Post imported post

Sorry guys,

I hate to post this but I thought you all would like to know.

This is what gives us all bad names, especially you ohioans. Your fighting the good fight for gun rights/self defense and people like this screw it up. With this being a WCPO report, it may be slanted but if what is being presented here are facts then this guy is a moron.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...uQOV3aqMA.cspx

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I read the story.

Near as I can tell the only thing he is guilty of is failing to consider how a panty-wetter might read way too much significance into his words.

He didn't threaten her or anybody else. If anything, he threatened the damned phone.

If somebody did that to me, I'd just play along, smile, and tell them we have a special execution squad for bad phones, no need to waste his own ammo.

I really can't see any definite menacing in that news story.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I agree, he didn't threaten anyone. I just think he should exercise some common sense and not flash his weapon around. It makes us all look bad... Unless of course he was open carrying

As far as I'm concerned I dont think its criminal... Just bad form honestly. You have a lot of liberal minded people in that neck of the woods and doing stuff like this doesn't help their mindset.

Post imported post

zer0cool wrote:
    Sorry guys,

I hate to post this but I thought you all would like to know.

This is what gives us all bad names, especially you ohioans. Your fighting the good fight for gun rights/self defense and people like this screw it up. With this being a WCPO report, it may be slanted but if what is being presented here are facts then this guy is a moron.

Yep, a goof with a gun.:what:

Only one thing that might be worse than a goof with a gun.

Someone on a gun/gunrights forumwho defends a goof with a gun.

Disgusting...

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

Last Update: 9:19 pm

(HCSO, 2009) CINCINNATI -- A frustrated customer at the Kenwood Towne Centre Apple store Thursday afternoon ended up going to jail after police say he showed an employee a gun.

According court records, Donald Goodrich, 38, of Westwood, was frustrated his iPhone was not working properly.

He told the employee he was, "So mad, I could pop a 9mm at it."

The employee allegedly told Goodrich there was no need for that, then Goodrich allegedly told the employee, "I'll do it right now. Look!"

Goodrich then allegedly opened the right side of his shirt, displaying a black, 9mm handgun.

Goodrich had a concealed weapon permit.

The employee told Goodrich she'd get his phone fixed and walked him over to a technician in the store, then told her manager, who called police.

Goodrich is charged with aggravated menacing, causing fear of harm to an Apple employee.

He also faces a carrying concealed weapons charge for not telling the deputy he had a gun.

Goodrich is scheduled for arraignment Friday morning.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    SNIP Someone on a gun/gunrights forumwho defends a goof with a gun.
    Itsfunny how Hanky can discern all manner of fine distinctions in many posts and discussions on this forum, yet he is incapable of discerning that the arrestee did not menace anyone.

This is one of his blind spots. As soon as something seems to cast poor repute on gun-owners he whips out the broad-brush, perceiving that all gun owners everywhere are injured. Or, maybe he just thinks it makes him look bad, and hecan't stand it. Either way, he is doing the anti-gunner's job for them.

The victim of his own self-induced cringe,Hanky can't recognize that the information in the story does not support that the arrestee menaced the employee.

Hanky also seems to equate my post with defending the arrestee. Another failure to differentiate. Highlighting the government's errors is not defending the arrestee. Defending the arrestee would be something more along the lines of saying what he did was OK, or offering words of support for what he did. But, since I didn't criticize the arrestee, in Hanky's mind I was defending him.

Goof with a keyboard.

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha!!!

PS: I do understand that I am made anassumption that Hanky owns a gun, a point that has been disputed on this board.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Donald needs a hug......a BIG hug!!!

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
    SNIP 1787
    ?

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Smurfologist wrote:
    SNIP 1787
    ?
    It's a long story......literally:

http://www.america.gov/st/educ-engli...0.4029047.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Smurfologist wrote:
    SNIP 1787
    ?
    It's a long story......literally:

http://www.america.gov/st/educ-engli...0.4029047.html

Its my understanding that the Bill of Rights was ratified on December 15th, 1791.

Post imported post

.....No argument there. But, the 2nd Amendment was first adopted in 1787; the United States Constitution was first submitted for ratification in 1787:

http://www.guncite.com/journals/haladopt.html

This issue came up before; I will try to find the thread.......

Post imported post

"He also faces a carrying concealed weapons charge for not telling the deputy he had a gun."

How can that be? I thought that, if the LEO knows that you have a weapon, it is an affirmative defense to any charge of not informing. Don't they record the calls and radio traffic? How does a LEO arrive at a MWAG call, for a certain individual, and not know or assume that he Has a Gun? Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee. As long as he did not draw his weapon, there is no real problem. I think the employee over reacted.

Post imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
    Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.
    "Maybe???????"

Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

Frankly, I cannot think of any.

"Maybe???????"

Columbia Township (Cincinnati), Ohio, USA

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

You have a weak imagination, sir.

Me: "So, do you ever get nervous working in this strip mall late at night?"

Him: "Nah, I keep a cocked & locked 1911 under my shirt!"

<lifts shirt>

Him: "See?"

<grins>

Me: "Cool! I carry a Glock 30!"

<lifts shirt>

Him: "Excellent!"

Him: "Hey, give me a minute - I'll just swap your old phone for a 4G version."

Me: "Thanks!"

Nah, could never happen... guys never show off tools, toys, or other things they enjoy using, except when there's criminal intent.

Post imported post

He looks so.....so....unmenacing.....

The Enquirer/Sharon Coolidge

Donald Goodrich, 38, was in court Friday on a charge of aggravated menacing.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
    .....No argument there. But, the 2nd Amendment was first adopted in 1787; the United States Constitution was first submitted for ratification in 1787:

I'm not sure how it could be adopted in 1787 but not ratified until 1791. "Adopted" = "ratified" as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Stephen Halbrook is a scholar I would trust. I skimmedthe information. I saw where Madison submitted the Bill of Rights (BoR) in 1789 to Congress. This checks with my prior knowledge that Madisonreceived many suggested line items for a BoR. He culled it down to twelve, ten of which were subsequently ratified.

Madison alsoused the VA Declaration of Rights, adopted in 1776 in the first VA government after the Declaration of Independence. If I recall there was an RKBA in the Declaration of Rights. But, don't quote me on it.

I can see using 1776 or 1791. But, 1787 is just a date attached to a proposed Constitution that lacked a BoR and was not itself ratifieduntil later.

Here is a little fun fact about the Constitution. Did you know that last Amendmentratified was one of the first proposed?The 27th Amendment.

The original BoR had 12 proposed articles of amendment, one of which limited a congressional pay raise untilan election had intervened. MeaningthecurrentCongress could vote a pay raise, but it wouldn't go into effect until after the next election. This was not adopted in 1791. It did not get the support of the required number of states until 1992.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Smurfologist wrote:

I'm not sure how it could be adopted in 1787 but not ratified until 1791. "Adopted" = "ratified" as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Stephen Halbrook is a scholar I would trust. I skimmedthe information. I saw where Madison submitted the Bill of Rights (BoR) in 1789 to Congress. This checks with my prior knowledge that Madisonreceived many suggested line items for a BoR. He culled it down to twelve, ten of which were subsequently ratified.

Madison alsoused the VA Declaration of Rights, adopted in 1776 in the first VA government after the Declaration of Independence. If I recall there was an RKBA in the Declaration of Rights. But, don't quote me on it.

I can see using 1776 or 1791. But, 1787 is just a date attached to a proposed Constitution that lacked a BoR and was not itself ratifieduntil later.

Here is a little fun fact about the Constitution. Did you know that last Amendmentratified was one of the first proposed?The 27th Amendment.

The original BoR had 12 proposed articles of amendment, one of which limited a congressional pay raise untilan election had intervened. MeaningthecurrentCongress could vote a pay raise, but it wouldn't go into effect until after the next election. This was not adopted in 1791. It did not get the support of the required number of states until 1992.
    This is why I like this site, Citizen (smile).

I am no history buff by any stretch of the imagination. So, I will change it to 1791 since I have a better understanding of this.

I really appreciate you squaring me away (I mean it, Citizen)!:celebrate

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
    SNIP Ireally appreciate you squaring me away (I mean it, Citizen)!
    You are welcome. You might independently verify what I wrote about the VA Declaration of Rights--as far as being adopted in VA in 1776 and the Declaration having its own RKBA. I'm starting to doubt myself on those two aspects now.

Here is a little follow up on the fun fact about the 27th Amendment:

In the original proposed Bill of Rights, the individual rightswere not called amendments. The entire document was an amendment, composed of twelve articles. As originally proposed, what we today call the27th Amendment was actually the SECOND article in the originally proposed Bill of Rights. What we know today as the Second Amendment was the fourth article in the proposed bill.

If they had all passed as proposed, we would today be Fourth Amendment activists.

http://www.constitution.org/billofr_.htm

Columbia Township (Cincinnati), Ohio, USA

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    If they had all passed as proposed, we would today be Fourth Amendment activists.
    Hopefully, most of us are... (assuming the current nomenclature, that is)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jabeatty wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Hopefully, most of us are... (assuming the current nomenclature, that is)
    +1

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    D_Weezy wrote:
    Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.
    "Maybe???????"

"Maybe???????"

Sorry Hank, you can't get me to bite. Check out my avatar. I am trained to avoid your wanted argument . Remember, open carry is legal in Ohio. If he wants to show his weapon, that is his right. Don't get mad, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

Have a nice day!

Post imported post

I don't think he's guilty of any crime, but he's certainly guilty of extremely poor judgment. There are so many other ways to destroy something like a phone--a hammer, a well-aimed car, probably a vigorous stomp--none of which would probably have any chance whatsoever of being construed as threatening to a bystander.

Post imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    D_Weezy wrote:
    "Maybe???????"

"Maybe???????"

Sorry Hank, you can't get me to bite. Check out my avatar. I am trained to avoid your wanted argument . Remember, open carry is legal in Ohio. If he wants to show his weapon, that is his right. Don't get mad, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

Have a nice day!
    DW, you can't even back up your own statement....

So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Disgusting...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    SNIP So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Despite me even making the distinction for him in an earlier post, Hanky perpetuates his earlier criticism. Here is what I said earlier in this very thread.

Hanky also seems to equate my post with defending the arrestee. Another failure to differentiate. Highlighting the government's errors is not defending the arrestee. Defending the arrestee would be something more along the lines of saying what he did was OK, or offering words of support for what he did. But, since I didn't criticize the arrestee, in Hanky's mind I was defending him.

Goof with a keyboard.

He refuses to acknowledge easily visible information. It seems he simply must pretend I didn't say it.

I think we are seeing some cracks in the Hanky superiority and self-importance. He is resorting to easily identified tactics characteristic of simple-minded trolls.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    D_Weezy wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    D_Weezy wrote:
    "Maybe???????"

"Maybe???????"

Have a nice day!
    DW, you can't even back up your own statement....

So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Disgusting...

Post imported post

Well I bet the ng signs start going up too...
    I haven't visited the Town Center Mall in a long time, may have to take a walk... since I live a few minutes from there...lol

You just don't go showing thats why they call it concealed.
    Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast