• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

zer0cool

imported post

Sorry guys,

I hate to post this but I thought you all would like to know.

This is what gives us all bad names, especially you ohioans. Your fighting the good fight for gun rights/self defense and people like this screw it up. With this being a WCPO report, it may be slanted but if what is being presented here are facts then this guy is a moron.:cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...er-iPhone-Trouble/m1SZuRQevUGyjuQOV3aqMA.cspx

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I read the story.

Near as I can tell the only thing he is guilty of is failing to consider how a panty-wetter might read way too much significance into his words.

He didn't threaten her or anybody else. If anything, he threatened the damned phone.

If somebody did that to me, I'd just play along, smile, and tell them we have a special execution squad for bad phones, no need to waste his own ammo.

I really can't see any definite menacing in that news story.

zer0cool

imported post

I agree, he didn't threaten anyone. I just think he should exercise some common sense and not flash his weapon around. It makes us all look bad... Unless of course he was open carrying:dude:

As far as I'm concerned I dont think its criminal... Just bad form honestly. You have a lot of liberal minded people in that neck of the woods and doing stuff like this doesn't help their mindset.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

zer0cool wrote:
Sorry guys,

I hate to post this but I thought you all would like to know.

This is what gives us all bad names, especially you ohioans. Your fighting the good fight for gun rights/self defense and people like this screw it up. With this being a WCPO report, it may be slanted but if what is being presented here are facts then this guy is a moron.:cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead:

Yep, a goof with a gun.:what:

Story.jpg

Only one thing that might be worse than a goof with a gun.

Someone on a gun/gunrights forumwho defends a goof with a gun.

Disgusting...

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

Last Update: 9:19 pm

(HCSO, 2009) CINCINNATI -- A frustrated customer at the Kenwood Towne Centre Apple store Thursday afternoon ended up going to jail after police say he showed an employee a gun.

According court records, Donald Goodrich, 38, of Westwood, was frustrated his iPhone was not working properly.

He told the employee he was, "So mad, I could pop a 9mm at it."

The employee allegedly told Goodrich there was no need for that, then Goodrich allegedly told the employee, "I'll do it right now. Look!"

Goodrich then allegedly opened the right side of his shirt, displaying a black, 9mm handgun.

Goodrich had a concealed weapon permit.

The employee told Goodrich she'd get his phone fixed and walked him over to a technician in the store, then told her manager, who called police.

Goodrich is charged with aggravated menacing, causing fear of harm to an Apple employee.

He also faces a carrying concealed weapons charge for not telling the deputy he had a gun.

Goodrich is scheduled for arraignment Friday morning.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
SNIP Someone on a gun/gunrights forumwho defends a goof with a gun.
Itsfunny how Hanky can discern all manner of fine distinctions in many posts and discussions on this forum, yet he is incapable of discerning that the arrestee did not menace anyone.

This is one of his blind spots. As soon as something seems to cast poor repute on gun-owners he whips out the broad-brush, perceiving that all gun owners everywhere are injured. Or, maybe he just thinks it makes him look bad, and hecan't stand it. Either way, he is doing the anti-gunner's job for them.

The victim of his own self-induced cringe,Hanky can't recognize that the information in the story does not support that the arrestee menaced the employee.

Hanky also seems to equate my post with defending the arrestee. Another failure to differentiate. Highlighting the government's errors is not defending the arrestee. Defending the arrestee would be something more along the lines of saying what he did was OK, or offering words of support for what he did. But, since I didn't criticize the arrestee, in Hanky's mind I was defending him.

Goof with a keyboard.

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha!!!

PS: I do understand that I am made anassumption that Hanky owns a gun, a point that has been disputed on this board.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

D_Weezy

imported post

"He also faces a carrying concealed weapons charge for not telling the deputy he had a gun."

How can that be? I thought that, if the LEO knows that you have a weapon, it is an affirmative defense to any charge of not informing. Don't they record the calls and radio traffic? How does a LEO arrive at a MWAG call, for a certain individual, and not know or assume that he Has a Gun? Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee. As long as he did not draw his weapon, there is no real problem. I think the employee over reacted.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.

"Maybe???????"

Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

Frankly, I cannot think of any.
39.gif

"Maybe???????"

jabeatty

Columbia Township (Cincinnati), Ohio, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

39.gif
You have a weak imagination, sir.

Me: "So, do you ever get nervous working in this strip mall late at night?"

Him: "Nah, I keep a cocked & locked 1911 under my shirt!"

<lifts shirt>

Him: "See?"

<grins>

Me: "Cool! I carry a Glock 30!"

<lifts shirt>

Him: "Excellent!"

Him: "Hey, give me a minute - I'll just swap your old phone for a 4G version."

Me: "Thanks!"

Nah, could never happen... guys never show off tools, toys, or other things they enjoy using, except when there's criminal intent.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

He looks so.....so....unmenacing.....

bilde

[align=left]The Enquirer/Sharon Coolidge[/align]
[align=left]Donald Goodrich, 38, was in court Friday on a charge of aggravated menacing.

[/align]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
.....No argument there. But, the 2nd Amendment was first adopted in 1787; the United States Constitution was first submitted for ratification in 1787:

http://www.guncite.com/journals/haladopt.html

This issue came up before; I will try to find the thread.......

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

I'm not sure how it could be adopted in 1787 but not ratified until 1791. "Adopted" = "ratified" as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Stephen Halbrook is a scholar I would trust. I skimmedthe information. I saw where Madison submitted the Bill of Rights (BoR) in 1789 to Congress. This checks with my prior knowledge that Madisonreceived many suggested line items for a BoR. He culled it down to twelve, ten of which were subsequently ratified.

Madison alsoused the VA Declaration of Rights, adopted in 1776 in the first VA government after the Declaration of Independence. If I recall there was an RKBA in the Declaration of Rights. But, don't quote me on it.

I can see using 1776 or 1791. But, 1787 is just a date attached to a proposed Constitution that lacked a BoR and was not itself ratifieduntil later.

Here is a little fun fact about the Constitution. Did you know that last Amendmentratified was one of the first proposed?The 27th Amendment.

The original BoR had 12 proposed articles of amendment, one of which limited a congressional pay raise untilan election had intervened. MeaningthecurrentCongress could vote a pay raise, but it wouldn't go into effect until after the next election. This was not adopted in 1791. It did not get the support of the required number of states until 1992.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
.....No argument there. But, the 2nd Amendment was first adopted in 1787; the United States Constitution was first submitted for ratification in 1787:

http://www.guncite.com/journals/haladopt.html

This issue came up before; I will try to find the thread.......

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

I'm not sure how it could be adopted in 1787 but not ratified until 1791. "Adopted" = "ratified" as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Stephen Halbrook is a scholar I would trust. I skimmedthe information. I saw where Madison submitted the Bill of Rights (BoR) in 1789 to Congress. This checks with my prior knowledge that Madisonreceived many suggested line items for a BoR. He culled it down to twelve, ten of which were subsequently ratified.

Madison alsoused the VA Declaration of Rights, adopted in 1776 in the first VA government after the Declaration of Independence. If I recall there was an RKBA in the Declaration of Rights. But, don't quote me on it.

I can see using 1776 or 1791. But, 1787 is just a date attached to a proposed Constitution that lacked a BoR and was not itself ratifieduntil later.

Here is a little fun fact about the Constitution. Did you know that last Amendmentratified was one of the first proposed?The 27th Amendment.

The original BoR had 12 proposed articles of amendment, one of which limited a congressional pay raise untilan election had intervened. MeaningthecurrentCongress could vote a pay raise, but it wouldn't go into effect until after the next election. This was not adopted in 1791. It did not get the support of the required number of states until 1992.

This is why I like this site, Citizen (smile).

I am no history buff by any stretch of the imagination. So, I will change it to 1791 since I have a better understanding of this.

I really appreciate you squaring me away (I mean it, Citizen)!:celebrate

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
SNIP Ireally appreciate you squaring me away (I mean it, Citizen)!

You are welcome. You might independently verify what I wrote about the VA Declaration of Rights--as far as being adopted in VA in 1776 and the Declaration having its own RKBA. I'm starting to doubt myself on those two aspects now.

Here is a little follow up on the fun fact about the 27th Amendment:

In the original proposed Bill of Rights, the individual rightswere not called amendments. The entire document was an amendment, composed of twelve articles. As originally proposed, what we today call the27th Amendment was actually the SECOND article in the originally proposed Bill of Rights. What we know today as the Second Amendment was the fourth article in the proposed bill.

If they had all passed as proposed, we would today be Fourth Amendment activists.

http://www.constitution.org/billofr_.htm

D_Weezy

imported post

HankT wrote:
D_Weezy wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.

"Maybe???????"

39.gif

"Maybe???????"
Sorry Hank, you can't get me to bite. Check out my avatar. I am trained to avoid your wanted argument ;). Remember, open carry is legal in Ohio. If he wants to show his weapon, that is his right. Don't get mad, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

Have a nice day!:D