• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Allegedly Shows Gun After iPhone Trouble

Flyer22

imported post

I don't think he's guilty of any crime, but he's certainly guilty of extremely poor judgment. There are so many other ways to destroy something like a phone--a hammer, a well-aimed car, probably a vigorous stomp--none of which would probably have any chance whatsoever of being construed as threatening to a bystander.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
HankT wrote:
D_Weezy wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.

"Maybe???????"

Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

Frankly, I cannot think of any.
39.gif

"Maybe???????"
Sorry Hank, you can't get me to bite. Check out my avatar. I am trained to avoid your wanted argument ;). Remember, open carry is legal in Ohio. If he wants to show his weapon, that is his right. Don't get mad, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

Have a nice day!:D

DW, you can't even back up your own statement....

So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Only one thing that might be worse than a goof with a gun.

Someone on a gun/gunrights forumwho defends a goof with a gun.

Disgusting...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
SNIP So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Despite me even making the distinction for him in an earlier post, Hanky perpetuates his earlier criticism. Here is what I said earlier in this very thread.

Hanky also seems to equate my post with defending the arrestee. Another failure to differentiate. Highlighting the government's errors is not defending the arrestee. Defending the arrestee would be something more along the lines of saying what he did was OK, or offering words of support for what he did. But, since I didn't criticize the arrestee, in Hanky's mind I was defending him.

Goof with a keyboard.

He refuses to acknowledge easily visible information. It seems he simply must pretend I didn't say it.

I think we are seeing some cracks in the Hanky superiority and self-importance. He is resorting to easily identified tactics characteristic of simple-minded trolls.

D_Weezy

imported post

HankT wrote:
D_Weezy wrote:
HankT wrote:
D_Weezy wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have shown it, but that is not brandishing. He was threatening the phone, not the employee.

"Maybe???????"

Just what circumstances would be appropriate for an Ohio concealed gun carrier to show his gun while taking his phone in for service, DW?

Frankly, I cannot think of any.
39.gif

"Maybe???????"
Sorry Hank, you can't get me to bite. Check out my avatar. I am trained to avoid your wanted argument ;). Remember, open carry is legal in Ohio. If he wants to show his weapon, that is his right. Don't get mad, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.

Have a nice day!:D

DW, you can't even back up your own statement....

So, you, like Citizen, think this goof with a gun did OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Disgusting...
:D

FiremanJoe

imported post

Well I bet the ng signs start going up too...
I haven't visited the Town Center Mall in a long time, may have to take a walk... since I live a few minutes from there...lol

You just don't go showing thats why they call it concealed.

IanB

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Goof with a keyboard.

He refuses to acknowledge easily visible information. It seems he simply must pretend I didn't say it.
Hank also can't answer the simple question "Does HankT open carry"?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Goof with a keyboard.

Hank also can't answer the simple question "Does HankT open carry"?
I've already answered the question on this forum. You said so yourself.

IanB

imported post

So your final answer is "no"? As in "No, I HankT do not open carry?" Because I recall I said my memory was fuzzy and I asked for your clarification.

It's a simple question, can't you answer in umambigous terms, yes or no? This question and your refusal to answer it seems to be a big deal for you HankT... I wonder why?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
So your final answer is "no"? As in "No, I HankT do not open carry?" Because I recall I said my memory was fuzzy and I asked for your clarification.
Are you sure your memory was fuzzy? ;)

nakedshoplifter wrote:
It's a simple question, can't you answer in umambigous terms, yes or no? This question and your refusal to answer it seems to be a big deal for you HankT... I wonder why?
What is this obsession you have with whether an OCDOer open carries or not?

Is it a requirement of membership at OCDO?

Is it a qualification to get an "OCDO Old Guard" avatar or something?

Is it some part of some kind of loyalty oath requiredto get into thesecret VA Google forum that you started?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Employee must have been a closet Windows user.:lol:

I am shocked you can't threaten your own phone, I better watch out now
after the way I treated my cars exhaust last week they are probably out
looking for me, I actually attacked it with a hammer, and just last month I
yelled at my cell phone bill, guess I better change the door locks also.

Always thought Johny Fever's phone cops were made up.
WKRP was ahead of the curve.

If you are going to threaten your phone, get something that will do the job right.:banghead:

But at what point are you required to notify police? If they don't tell him they are
detaining him for questioning, how is he to know they are performing an official
function that requires him to notify? Or are you supposed to just walk up to every
officer whenever you see them, and announce "I have a gun, and I know how to use it".
I am sure that would work well for encounters.
If the girl tells him that service will help him out, how is he to know the police
were called for him?
Why do I carry? Just look at deputy fife behind the scary man.:what:
I trust him to spring into action in my defense.

IanB

imported post

Hank, I'll be happy to provide remedial training to you concerning where the forum rules and F.A.Q. are located at a later time but first, there is a long standing question "Does HankT open carry" which you have been asked. It's common to answer questions before posing your own.

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:

Disgusting...
Hank,

So, you like Paul Hemke, think that hurling insulting comments at gun owners (gun bashing), never giving them the benefit of the doubt, promotes your aganda.

Only one thing worse than gun bashing.

Someone on a gun/gun rights forum who relishes gun bashing.

Disgusting...

Thundar Postulate:

Gun Bashers stink like 3 day old fish.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Thundar wrote:
HankT wrote:

Disgusting...
Hank,

So, you like Paul Hemke, think that hurling insulting comments at gun owners (gun bashing), never giving them the benefit of the doubt, promotes your aganda.

Disgusting...

Thundar Postulate:

I am not against guns. I don't bash guns. I own many of them.

Almost certainly, I own more than you do. Very probably, way more than you.

I like them.

I am against goofs with guns. I hate goofs with guns.

They damage other people, themselves and my rights....yours, too.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hanky likes guns, owns more than one.

It is the goofs who own the guns that Hanky hates.

OK, I'm not gonna say it. Who wants to say it?

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:
Thundar wrote:
HankT wrote:

Disgusting...
Hank,

Disgusting...

Thundar Postulate:

I am not against guns. I don't bash guns. I own many of them.

Almost certainly, I own more than you do. Very probably, way more than you.

I like them.

I am against goofs with guns. I hate goofs with guns.

They damage other people, themselves and my rights....yours, too.

Hank,

I guess the truth is hard to handle, huh?

Gun bashersposting onOCDO are disgusting.

I think that my gun rights are pre existing. Goofs with guns and gun bashers have no impact upon those rights.

The number of guns argument seems misplaced. I was a collector and I used to have many, many firearms but alas they were all lost in a tragic boating accident.

I understand the iPhone owner wanting to shoot his phone. I own a Pre. I would shoot an iPhone to put it out of its missery. Seems like the right thing to do.:lol:

Live Free or Die,

Thundar