• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob's guns, McKean PA

Overtaxed

imported post

Just curious - I live in NY state, but took a class at Bob's Guns/Lethal Weapons Training back in July.
I thought he had a great store, nice (rebuilt) range, and Bob himself was a great instructor.
Anyone else familiar with the place?

Renegade

imported post

Bob is a good guy - our family has been doing business with him for decades. I was born and raised in Erie so running out to Bob's with my father was a quite normal. I do believe my father has taken a few classes with him and was pleased.

You would not happen to live in Findley Lake would you?

Overtaxed

imported post

Renegade wrote:
Bob is a good guy - our family has been doing business with him for decades. I was born and raised in Erie so running out to Bob's with my father was a quite normal. I do believe my father has taken a few classes with him and was pleased.

You would not happen to live in Findley Lake would you?

Noo.... way... way down-state. Good tactical classes are pretty uncommon around my area... even if one has a pistol and pistol permit (you're not supposed to touch a handgun in NY State unless you get your gov't permission slip).
I honestly hadn't heard anything about Bob, his shop or his classes. But the price was right, and I liked his philosophy of training, as expressed on his website.
Everything was convenient to get to - a relaxing ride to Buffalo, NY via Amtrak, and about 1.75 hrs in a rental car from Buffalo to Erie. Stayed at a lovely lakeside resort that week - all of about 25 mins from Bob's.
The gun shop itself was very well stocked, and Bob himself was informative, lively, fun, but geniunely cared about imparting the right information to his students.