Thread: Why Does Daddy Wear a Gun? - Book

Post imported post

Iwas so excited when I saw this add and ordered it immediately - THANKS John.

So it came in the mail yesterday afternoon and last night we read it to our 4 yo daughter. She loved it. we would ask her the questions and she would answer. She knows that daddy isn't a police man or in the army or a ninja bodyguard.

This is a great little book and I can't wait to start reading it to my younger daughter. I appreciate that it isnt another - after school special -NEVER touch guns type ideology.

Now- if you can just print a 'Why does MOMMY wear a gun' version that would be perfect .

Thanks again!

Post imported post

I just bought the book as well for my son. He's 7 and has been asking lots of questions, but has also gotten confused as well. So I though the book would help him understand reading it from a childs perspective.

I told him to always ask questions if he's curious.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

I wonder if I could buy some of these books and donate them to the public library and local elementary schools... Would they put them on the shelves or decline the donation?

"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I wonder if I could buy some of these books and donate them to the public library and local elementary schools... Would they put them on the shelves or decline the donation?

Lets find out.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I'll start in York County, you can start in Newport News....

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I gues the first step is to see if the public library has a copy. If not see how to go about getting it on the shelf.

I bet the school system will be near impossible but follow the same plan as the public library.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know where to get cheap books?

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Post imported post

Yeah that's where I found it.

Post imported post

What is the target age range for this book? I have a 7 yr old & a 10 yr old...I was thinking that maybe this book would help them to explain to their friends..."Why does your Dad have a gun?"...
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

Darroll wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I wonder if I could buy some of these books and donate them to the public library and local elementary schools...¬* Would they put them on the shelves or decline the donation?

¬*
    Lets find out.
    I wrote to my library once (large one in a city of 40,000 + people), specifying that I'd like to help them by purchasing books or other materials that a patron requested, but they declined to add to their collection for financial reasons.

They wrote back to me, telling me they didn't like my idea; however, I was free to simply write a check or otherwise help out on *their* terms.

No thanks...

McX

Post imported post

Yep, hand out asking for money alarm has been triggered!