• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citys In Michigan We have already sent letters to about hand gun ordinences

maahes

imported post

Jackson County Parks: Resolved
City of Jackson: No response to multiple attempts
Blackman Township: No response to multiple attempts.

wrcken2

imported post

St. Clair Shores.

this is their responce
Mr. Norgan,

The City Attorney concurs with your assessment of our ordinance and will be recommending the necessary changes to the ordinance for council action in the near future. Also you may be interested in knowing today’s front page of the Macomb Daily has an article on this very topic. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely,

Kenneth R. Podolski

City Manager

St. Clair Shores

Libertyadvocate

imported post

Hi all,

I just signed up here - great site!Does anyone know if West Bloomfield is changing their ordinance.Appears to conflict with State law - but I'm not a lawyer. Their ordinance listed in Chapter 16, Article II, Section 16-32 lists restrictions for Firearms, "within the boundaries of a community park" - see below.

Code of Ordinances Township of West Bloomfield, Michigan

Chapter 16 PARKS AND RECREATION

ARTICLE II, Sec. 16-32. Firearm, bow-and-arrow and other weapons.

It shall be unlawful for any person other than a duly sworn government law enforcement official in the course of his or her official duty to discharge, possess and/or use a firearm, bow-and-arrow, crossbow, slingshot, pellet gun or air rifle, or other weapons within the boundaries of a community park. This provision shall not prohibit the possession and/or use of any such weapon named above within the boundaries of a community park if authorized for a specified duration as part of a recreational function where the possession and/or use of such weapon or weapons is part of a function which has been expressly authorized by the township board.

cabman1

imported post

Libertyadvocate wrote:
Hi all,

I just signed up here - great site!  Does anyone know if West Bloomfield is changing their ordinance.  Appears to conflict with State law - but I'm not a lawyer.  Their ordinance listed in Chapter 16, Article II, Section 16-32 lists restrictions for Firearms, "within the boundaries of a community park" - see below.

Code of Ordinances Township of West Bloomfield, Michigan

Chapter 16 PARKS AND RECREATION

ARTICLE II, Sec. 16-32. Firearm, bow-and-arrow and other weapons.

It shall be unlawful for any person other than a duly sworn government law enforcement official in the course of his or her official duty to discharge, possess and/or use a firearm, bow-and-arrow, crossbow, slingshot, pellet gun or air rifle, or other weapons within the boundaries of a community park. This provision shall not prohibit the possession and/or use of any such weapon named above within the boundaries of a community park if authorized for a specified duration as part of a recreational function where the possession and/or use of such weapon or weapons is part of a function which has been expressly authorized by the township board.

didnt notice it till you posted it ill start working on it now

welcome abourd could you please put michigan in your location so we get credit for it

Yooper

imported post

The only "no guns" sign I've seen so far is at the AT&T store in downtown Houghton.
Haven't seen anything posted anywhere else, parks & government buildings included, except for the courts

Yooper

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Yooper, if you go west of C-L to Lake Sup, there is a park there that has an illegal ord sign. It's north-east of the state park.springerdave.
The Calumet Waterworks park? I was there this summer and never noticed it, if that's the one you're talking about. But then again, I usually don't look too hard for them, because they really hold no legal weight.

jmlefler

imported post

RE: Kalamazoo County Parks; this is what I rec'd last...From the Park Director 9/28/09

The proposed changes are below. The County Board of Commissioners must also approve the change and then the rules become effecitve 14 days after publication in newspaper. P. No person shall have in their possession or control any slingshot, bow and arrow, BB Gun, paint ball gun, fireworks or explosives within any parks except by prior written permission of the Commission.

Q. No person shall discharge any rifle, shotgun, pellet gun, air rifle, pistol, or other firearm in any park for any reason, provided that this rule shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his or her employment. Violations or criminal offenses involving the transportation, possession, brandishing or discharge of pistols, other firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms on County park property shall be prosecuted in accordance with local ordinance or state law.

Carry on