• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citys In Michigan We have already sent letters to about hand gun ordinences

sasha601

imported post

I am in process to get things changed in Rochester Hills. Once accomplished, my next target will be Shelby Twp. It neighbors Rochester Hills and has a couple of unlawful firearms ordinances.

sasha601

imported post

22-250 wrote:
Shelby, OH,, would you list them, or provide a link please.

Shelby Twp., Michigan. If you asking to list its illegal ordinances, here we go:

Sec. 50-36. Firearms and dangerous instruments or agents.
(a) Possession. No person except an authorized township employee, park guard, law enforcement officer or military personnel shall bring onto park property or have in his possession on park property any firearms or ammunition, any explosive, dynamite cap, fireworks, airgun, pellet gun, spring gun, slingshot, crossbow, bow and arrow, any device which can be loaded with blank cartridges, any trapping device, any incendiary bomb or material, any smoke or stink bomb, any tear gas or other disabling chemical or agent, any acid or caustic substance, or any flammable liquid.

Section 50-63 states:

Sec. 50-63. Restrictions.
(a) Dangerous/obnoxious materials/equipment
(2) Dangerous weapons or substances. No person except an officer of the law or authorized military personnel shall have in his possession or control on authority property within the township any rifle, shotgun, pistol or other firearm, or any slingshot, pellet gun, air rifle, explosives or other dangerous substances.

MarineSgt

imported post

I contacted Ottawa County Parks and Recreation a few days ago about pre-emption on their firearm rules. He told me another citizen in October of last year brought this to their attention as well. He said that with 35+ signs that will have to be replaced they are waiting to finalize a bunch of other changes too. :celebrate