• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns for sale!

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry guys: This isn't for sale but it is my dad's pistol and I'm trying to find an estimated value on it. I've been looking on the web for the last hour and with my limited "search" ability, I can't find a thing on it. Your help would be appreciated.

Charter Arms: Police undercover .38spcl...blued...5 shot..2"bbl.
Purchased in the early '70's.
Thanks, Jerry

WARCHILD

imported post

Thanks, from what I see on there; they are going from $280-$350. Seems kind of high to me but gives me an idea of possible value. I doubt this gun has even had a full box of ammo put through it. Dad wasn't much of a shooter.
Thanks again

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Sorry guys: This isn't for sale but it is my dad's pistol and I'm trying to find an estimated value on it. I've been looking on the web for the last hour and with my limited "search" ability, I can't find a thing on it. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jerry

Sent you an e-mail with value.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

The current Blue Book says $175 (100%) and $145 (98%) for a blue Undercover.

That seems low to me. I'd say yours isabout a$250 gun at retail since yours is EC.

I had one of these in SSfrom the mid/late 70s and sold it almost 4 years ago for $165. They don't appreciate much.

WARCHILD

imported post

Thanks guys, I think I will go with a $150 value. It's not in EC, has some small pit rust here and there. He never used it much so it stayed in a drawer, bangs, bumps, moisture..etc. I just didn't want any static about collector value and all. I used to have one back in '72, only paid $79+tax. Good gun and I'll keep it just because it was my dads.

G

imported post

HankT wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

The current Blue Book says $175 (100%) and $145 (98%) for a blue Undercover.

That seems low to me. I'd say yours isabout a$250 gun at retail since yours is EC.

I had one of these in SSfrom the mid/late 70s and sold it almost 4 years ago for $165. They don't appreciate much.
They don't depreciate either.

wally1120

imported post

Lets bring this thread back into play

I am listing a Remington WingMaster 870 20 Gauge Shotgun Magnum Reciever, Has a 28" Field Also think I have (3) Chokes for it as well, and 18" Slug BBL. The gun has been out in the woods, Has some wear on it, But still rate it a 90 - 95%. This gun still has ALOT of life left in it, Just cosmitic blemishes. If you are intrested I will be getting Pics of the Shotgun, And I will Email them to you if anyone is intrested. I also have a MEC Reloader, Some Shot Shells, And some Slugs to go with the gun if it sells, I will only seperate the Ammo/Press from the gun if the Gun sells first, Or of course as a package deal. I also have a Jennings Compound Bow, Complete 15 Piece Set of Power Bilt Golf Clubs I can include in a Trade as a Sweetner. Or a CASH price of 500.00 OBO W/ Shotgun, Press, And the Ammo I have for it.

Trades I will consider are
Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP
Smith And Wesson M&P Compact 45 ACP
Bersa Thunder 45 ACP + Cash
Springfield XDM 9mm
Springfield XDM 3.8 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 26
Ruger SR9
Smith And Wesson M&P Compact 9mm
Smith And Wesson Sigma 9mm + cash
Will also consider Hi-Point 45 ACP or 9mm + Cash

I would really like to get something in the order of the List, But I will consider all 45 ACP`s, and 9MM`s, I may consider 40 S&W`s if it comes with Dies, And Brass. Or Cash to be able to buy a set of Dies.

G

imported post

Hey Wally...

What's up with the Glock?

Tired of it already???

Seen it for sale on the crab-grassroots site.

Gotta Kimber I'll trade ya. I know how much you love 1911s.;)