• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Riverbank C wine and chees

jw95367

imported post

Is any one going to the Wine And Chess festival in Riverbank Ca? Or does any oneknow if you can unloaded carry at the festival.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Well if its within 1000 feet of a K-12 school, dont do it. Though this seems to be put on by the RiverBank Rotary Club. I am sure they will have some sort of gate entrance you will have to get through with tickets sold. You can call ahead, or walk up to the gate with your weapon on you and try to get in but if someone tells you no weapons, ask them if its managers policy, double check with the manager and you will have to leave it in the car. It's a private organization on private landit seems to me, not a state park or common area. They have the right to reserve certain rules.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

jw95367 wrote:
Is any one going to the Wine And Chess festival in Riverbank Ca? Or does any oneknow if you can unloaded carry at the festival.
It looks like this is an street festival, with no admission fee (meaning no gates). The only tickets I see for sale are for wine-tasting, which is probably done in a nearby building (or maybe at a tent in the street).

Things are a bit hectic for me right now, but if you do the school-zone research and think open carry is a viable option at this event, I'd do my best to join you.

To my knowledge, nobody here has OC'd in Riverbank. And there will definitely be a police presence at the festival, so we'd probably need to make sure we have unarmed witnesses with audio/video ready to roll at all times (in addition to our own audio/video equipment).

In case anybody else is wondering, the festival details are:

When: October 10 & 11, 2009
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM[/b]
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Where: Riverbank, Californiahttp://www.riverbankcheeseandwine.org/

jw95367

imported post

Thank all of you for your info and your support if any one is thinking aboutOCing in Riverbank. I would love to help my # is (209)534 1595 Justin Waller. I am also going to email the sheriff to see what he thinks about me OCing at wine and cheese. THANK YOU ALL

jw95367

imported post

this is the email that i will sand any more info would help Good morning Sheriffmy name is Justin Waller and from my earlier email you know that am interested inopen carry.And I was thinking about going to the Riverbank Wine and Cheese.WareI would beUnloadedOpenCarry butwould stay more thin 1000 feet fromCardozo Middle School.So I waswondering if there are any laws against Unloaded Open Carry at this evant.thank you. JustinWaller (209)534-1595

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Why would you want to email the Sheriff with your info and ask if there are any laws against UOCing? Open carrying is legal. It's in the penal code that it is legal. It cannot be overridden by county or city codes. I'm not sure what you think you might hear back from him.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

jw95367 wrote:
this is the email that i will sand any more info would help Good morning Sheriffmy name is Justin Waller and from my earlier email you know that am interested inopen carry.And I was thinking about going to the Riverbank Wine and Cheese.WareI would beUnloadedOpenCarry butwould stay more thin 1000 feet fromCardozo Middle School.So I waswondering if there are any laws against Unloaded Open Carry at this evant.thank you. JustinWaller (209)534-1595
If you haven't yet, I urge you to NOT send this message.

I'll PM you why.